Thread: Online Lessons With Andy Statman?

Default Online Lessons With Andy Statman?

I had a great talk with mandolin maestro Andy Statman last week and I suggested that he might think about offering online mandolin lessons during these challenging times.

His first response was something like "well, I don't think anybody out there knows me anymore"... and "do you really think people would be interested?"

I assured him that not only are there plenty of mandolinists on this site that are "aware" of him and his amazing skills, but that there are probably many people that would absolutely love the opportunity to study with him. Myself included!

So what do you think gang... would any of you out there be interested in doing online lessons with Andy Statman? Maybe some enthusiastic responses here would get him going on this... thanks!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Glassweb For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Online Lessons With Andy Statman?

Do you need to even ask?????
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandobar For This Useful Post:

I am new to the mandolin. Only started playing in June of this year. Even I have heard of Andy Statman. Great musician!

6. The following members say thank you to Lucas for this post:

I had a lesson with Andy once. He gave me a lot of things to think about. You want somebody who knows mandolin technique inside and out and can be patient and yet hold you to a high standard? Andy's your guy.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrmando For This Useful Post: