Thread: Phoenix NeoClassical - Value

Default Phoenix NeoClassical - Value

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any information about how much a 2008 Phoenix Neo Classical may be worth? Thanks!

Default Re: Phoenix NeoClassical - Value

Quote Originally Posted by rosewell58 View Post
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any information about how much a 2008 Phoenix Neo Classical may be worth? Thanks!
    It will depend on the overall condition of the instrument. If you can describe the overall condition of the mandolin and whether there have been any changes made to it, and what those changes are (ex:replaced tailpiece, tuners, missing pick guard?) then it would be easier to gauge the resale value.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

Quote Originally Posted by Mandobar View Post
    It will depend on the overall condition of the instrument. If you can describe the overall condition of the mandolin and whether there have been any changes made to it, and what those changes are (ex:replaced tailpiece, tuners, missing pick guard?) then it would be easier to gauge the resale value.

I would consider it to be in excellent shape, other than a little bit of fret wear on the first three frets. It also has a K&K pickup installed and comes with the Eastman Fiberglass case. Thanks

Looks like The Mandolin Store sold one a bit ago, not sure when.....

https://themandolinstore.com/product...ical-mandolin/
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

In this recent post (see second post down) a gentleman was willing to pay up to $5000 for one of the Europa models - but that is highly unusual!

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/g...758&do=discuss

Recently one showed up on The Music Emporium and within a few hours it was marked as "sale pending". I believe the price was $3500 but I am not sure.

https://themusicemporium.com/mandoli...ical-used-2005

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer

1925 Lyon & Healy Model A, #1674
    2015 Collings A (MT2-V)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Logan View Post
    In this recent post (see second post down) a gentleman was willing to pay up to $5000 for one of the Europa models - but that is highly unusual!

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/g...758&do=discuss

Recently one showed up on The Music Emporium and within a few hours it was marked as "sale pending". I believe the price was $3500 but I am not sure.

https://themusicemporium.com/mandoli...ical-used-2005
    The Europa at the Emporium was $2850, if I remember correctly. Those are pretty rare though, but I think the next one you see there (if they get another) will be priced much higher. It sold very quickly.

I think anywhere from $2900 to around $3200 is a good price. Without actually seeing it, it’s hard to pin it down any further.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

From what I have seen I think Mandobar's observations are spot on.

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer

1925 Lyon & Healy Model A, #1674
    2015 Collings A (MT2-V)

Quote Originally Posted by Mandobar View Post
    The Europa at the Emporium was $2850, if I remember correctly. Those are pretty rare though, but I think the next one you see there (if they get another) will be priced much higher. It sold very quickly.

I think anywhere from $2900 to around $3200 is a good price. Without actually seeing it, it’s hard to pin it down any further.
    I think Mary is getting this right. Phoenix mandolins incorporated innovations in design that Rolfe Gerhardt developed over many decades. The Neoclassical might not be for everyone but for those to whom it appeals, there really isn't anything close. Now that they are no longer being made, if you want one, you might have to hunt around a while. They don't show up in the market very often.

I was considering putting my Neoclassical up for sale, what with the intersection of the advent of my building flat-top piccolo mandolins (= need to make some purchases) and the impact of COVID and a bad growing season on my finances (= empty pockets). I just now got it out and played it for a while. That convinced me not to sell it. I know that if I did, I would eventually regret it. They really are very special instruments.
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

Watching the classifieds.
    Gunga......Gunga.....Gu-Lunga

Thanks for all the replys!

Blog Entries

A few years ago I sold a very nice neoclassical on the classifieds here for maybe 3500? I really don't remember but the wood was phenomenal, it was signed on Sept.11th 2001! So historical date on a sad day! The new owner at the time loved it, it sounded really fine if I remember correctly!