Thread: Valentine's Fall

Blog Entries

Default Valentine's Fall

Valentine's Fall by Cary Fagan

Today is the 11th anniversary of the wonderful book Valentine's Fall, one of our favorites. Not only mandolin themed, but more importantly, a great story with a great hook and lots of surprises at the end. Read it in one very long sitting the first time, then again a few years later. If you're on the hunt for a solid read during the pandemic, you could hardly do better. Very highly recommended.

The author, Cary Fagan, is among us, and this is not his only book. He's widely published, multiple pages of results on amazon. Cary also contributed a really nice interview with Andrew Collings that was published here in 2018. Rumor has it he is also the author of another interview that will appear here at some point in the future.

So here's a toast to Valentine's Fall, a wonderful book. Seeing it in the history database this morning brought back memories of a great read. Even has its own video with some terrific mandolin background music.

Some links from the original book announcement we published back in 2009:

Author's web site
    Book on amazon Canada
    Kindle version
    Cormorant Books (publisher)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Valentine's Fall

I bought this based on one of Scott's previous recommendations and you should too!

Scott - this is one of two book recommendations I've gotten from you that are outside of my normal fare, and I might not have otherwise picked up. I'm happy to say they were both interesting and worthwhile experiences, so thanks!

4. The following members say thank you to Alfons for this post:

Scott, it's so kind of you to remember my book. It's been difficult to find in the U.S. as it was published in Canada. I've got some discounted copies and will offer them up on the classifieds. Or anyone can p.m. me.

Yep, another interview is coming...
    Cary Fagan

Blog Entries

Hadn't noticed it was unavailable from amazon when I posted. That's a shame. I can see little reason these days why any publisher wouldn't have any book available in electronic form, particularly one published since the advent of the internet.