Thread: Dominick Leslie guest DJ on WTJU sept 4th

Default Dominick Leslie guest DJ on WTJU sept 4th

I had asked Hawktail mandolinist Dominick Leslie a few weeks ago if he was interested in being a guest DJ on my show on WTJU Charlottesville, and he said 'for sure' and we finally nailed down the date - it will air live friday sept 4th(2020), 4-6pm US EST. If you’re not in the US eastern time zone, your time will vary. WTJU broadcasts on the web and also archives shows for two weeks after original airing on our website, so it will be available anywhere there's decent internet service. Dominick will be zooming in from Nashville and I'll be playing his playlist from our studios in Charlottesville. He's picking all the recorded music..his favorites, influences, anything he wants to showcase and so on. Think of it as an opportunity to hear what he listens to, what floats *his* boat musically.

Here are the details:
    Name of show: Sunset Road
    Air time: Friday Sept 4th 4-6pm US EST
    You can also ask your smart device to just 'play WTJU, 91.1FM'
    Archived version of the show after it airs: https://www.wtju.net/recent-shows/#2020-09-04 ...Look for 'Sunset Road'
    Archived version of show will be there until 9/18/20 at 4pm US EST

During the pandemic, I have occasionally reached out to other artists to guest host the show while they are unable to gig..Fiddler Rayna Gellert was my 'guinea pig' on the first one of these, and bassist Missy Raines will be on on Sept 11th.

All the best
    Pete Marshall
    Host of Sunset Road
    WTJU Charlottesville
    Founding member of Mando Mafia

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mando Mafia For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Dominick Leslie guest DJ on WTJU sept 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Mafia View Post
    I had asked Hawktail mandolinist Dominick Leslie a few weeks ago if he was interested in being a guest DJ on my show on WTJU Charlottesville, and he said 'for sure' and we finally nailed down the date - it will air live friday sept 4th(2020), 4-6pm US EST. If you’re not in the US eastern time zone, your time will vary. WTJU broadcasts on the web and also archives shows for two weeks after original airing on our website, so it will be available anywhere there's decent internet service. Dominick will be zooming in from Nashville and I'll be playing his playlist from our studios in Charlottesville. He's picking all the recorded music..his favorites, influences, anything he wants to showcase and so on. Think of it as an opportunity to hear what he listens to, what floats *his* boat musically.

Here are the details:
    Name of show: Sunset Road
    Air time: Friday Sept 4th 4-6pm US EST
    You can also ask your smart device to just 'play WTJU, 91.1FM'
    Archived version of the show after it airs: https://www.wtju.net/recent-shows/#2020-09-04 ...Look for 'Sunset Road'
    Archived version of show will be there until 9/18/20 at 4pm US EST

During the pandemic, I have occasionally reached out to other artists to guest host the show while they are unable to gig..Fiddler Rayna Gellert was my 'guinea pig' on the first one of these, and bassist Missy Raines will be on on Sept 11th.

All the best
    Pete Marshall
    Host of Sunset Road
    WTJU Charlottesville
    Founding member of Mando Mafia
    Well, I had a really nice visit with Dominick Leslie this past friday on WTJU Charlottesville, when we not only played a bunch of favorite recordings, but also talked about recording projects he’s been involved with lately...the duo mandolin project Shrimp Tales with Ric Robertson, his involvement in Mike Barnett’s multi duos project Mike Barnett +1, coming out on Compass Records imminently, the Bluegrass 2020 album with Scott Vestal et al on Pinecastle Records....and about his time at Berklee College and all the great players who were there the same time as him, and his very recent purchase of a super clean 1918 Gibson A4 mandolin.

You can hear the whole show and see the playlist on WTJU’s archive for the next 12 days(as of 9/6/20) here:
    https://www.wtju.net/player-past-pla...99249600_12070

Pete

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mando Mafia For This Useful Post:

Thanks, great stuff! By the way, I enrolled on Dominick's lessons starting at the end of september at Plant Seeds Of Music. Can't wait to begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Casas View Post
    Thanks, great stuff! By the way, I enrolled on Dominick's lessons starting at the end of september at Plant Seeds Of Music. Can't wait to begin!
    Glad you enjoyed it, Isaac!

Pete