Thread: Cherokee Shuffle - Emory Lester

Default Cherokee Shuffle - Emory Lester

I've been taking lessons from Emory for several years now and he puts on a small concert when he comes for a visit and last year when he was here he did this...I play just like this too...well, almost

Cherokee Shuffle 2019.mp4
    Northfield F5M #268, AT02 #7

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigskygirl For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Cherokee Shuffle - Emory Lester

emory has been one of my favorite players for the last 10 years now (at least) ,,,, HIS "LADY B GOOD" KIND OF SET THE STANDARD OF WHAT GOOD MANDO PLAYING
    SHOULD BE ''''''ALTHOUGH I NEVER GOT TO SEE HIM IN CONCERT I HAVE MOST OF HIS C.D'S
    YOU ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH A GOOD TEACHER. GOOD LUCK IN ALL YOUR PLAYING ENDEAVORS.

Emory...so good. His playing dazzles, is inherently musical, humorous and lovely.

Amazing. Emory is a great player and this is one of my favorite tune.
    And I can't help but wonder when we'd be able to see this type of performance IRL again. Sigh.

Fantastic, Emory is such a great picker! I highly suggest his Pale Rider cd, one of my favorites, particularly the title track.

Emory used to teach at the BC Bluegrass Workshops, back in the day when Chris & Sally Jones were also there. One of the finest sets of music I ever saw there featured (THE) Frankie Rogers on fiddle, Emory Lester in mandolin, Kristen Scott Benson on banjo, Mickey Harris on bass, & Cody Kilby on guitar. The stage repartee between Frankie & Emory was priceless and the musicianship was electric. I think i have a cassette tape somewhere off my little Marantz 2 speed....

Emory is such a talented musician. He did a duo set at Wintergrass where he sang and played guitar or mandolin & Mark Johnson played banjo.... that was another magic set.

bass player gone mando

Another fan of Emory here...
    Collings MT O
    Collings MF5 0
    Weber Gallatin Mandola
    Weber Bitterroot Mandola
    Weber Sage Octave