Thread: Social Groups?

Default Social Groups?

Can someone please explain what constitutes “activity” within a social group?

The front page of the group includes a date when the “Last Activity” took place. I’d expect this to be when someone last posted a comment but it appears not. By way of example, the last activity on the “Collings” group was 7.31 AM today (UK time) but there hasn’t been a post within the group since December 28th 2018.

Thanks
    R

Default Re: Social Groups?

I too thought that it meant active postings being made, Ray, but I have come to the conclusion that it simply means that someone has had a look at the thread in the group without actually leaving any message or comment.
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores

Not much use then given that the groups I’m a member of seem to get fewer than a single post every year. I’m not talking “obscure” groups here; I’m a member of the Collings, octave mandolins and National RM-1 groups.

I think so much more activity occurs on forum threads than the specific groups. One of the few that is super active is the Song of the Week group.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ray(T) View Post
    Can someone please explain what constitutes “activity” within a social group?

The front page of the group includes a date when the “Last Activity” took place. I’d expect this to be when someone last posted a comment but it appears not. By way of example, the last activity on the “Collings” group was 7.31 AM today (UK time) but there hasn’t been a post within the group since December 28th 2018.

Thanks
    R
    Post a screen shot of where it says it was updated today. Not seeing that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	collings.jpg 
Views:	4752 
Size:	421.1 KB 
ID:	189056

Still a mandolin fighter Mandophyte's Avatar

The "Latest activity" is shown for each group on the "Social Groups" page, ie the page before the one you have copied.
    It is one of the last two lines in each group's box.
    Last edited by Mandophyte; Oct-08-2020 at 1:59pm. Reason: Minor edit.
    John

Social Groups: FFcP, A Song-a-Week
    ABC. Notation for the tabophobic: ABC intro, ABCexplorer, Making Music with ABC Plus by Guido Gonzato.
    FFcP: Just do it! (Any genre, (Honest!) just ignore the jazz references.)
    Eastman 604, 2007 | Thomas Buchanan Octave Mandolin, 2010

Thanks Mandophyte, I was just about to say that. Go to “Learn/Listen > Social Groups” and the groups you are a member of are listed on the left hand side.

I don’t think anything has changed, it’s been like this for as long as I can remember.

Still a mandolin fighter Mandophyte's Avatar

It's shown in the first two columns: "My Groups" and "Recently Updated Groups" but not the third column "New Groups".
    John

Social Groups: FFcP, A Song-a-Week
    ABC. Notation for the tabophobic: ABC intro, ABCexplorer, Making Music with ABC Plus by Guido Gonzato.
    FFcP: Just do it! (Any genre, (Honest!) just ignore the jazz references.)
    Eastman 604, 2007 | Thomas Buchanan Octave Mandolin, 2010

Blog Entries

There's no manual to describe every function so I'd say because it says "activity" instead of "post," it could be about anything--someone adding an image, editing a previous discussion or a new member, none of which might be useful. If you're wanting to get updates on posts you can Subscribe to the group using the tools provided and then select how you'd like to be notified when there's a new post. Here's a screen shot of where to find that.

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  383.5 KB