Thread: Harp Mandola- Larson Bros

Default Harp Mandola- Larson Bros

These have been discussed here before and they are generally sold with a high asking price and it may have been made by the Larson Bros. This one was was started at $2. I have not looked carefully at the photos which do not have an enlargement facility- and I don't consider myself knowledgeable to comment unless the damage is obvious. These instruments beyond being collectible are for those who are initiated and experienced in playing them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SYMPHONY-HA...MAAOSwlWdfgP2E

Default Re: Harp Mandola- Larson Bros

There are a number of 2.00 listings this past couple of days. All by the same seller with different back grounds. Be careful. I remember seeing the Mandola a while ago .

In fact, having spent a bit more time looking at the listing, the only photo that enlarges for me, is the blurb that states it has a BIN price of $3,000- directly via the internet pawn shop email. This may or may not be dodgy but it is not an auction, so probably should be treated with a fair degree of caution.

That seller has the same "not an auction/BIN $3000" notice included in the photos for everything they are selling, and yet the items are set up as auctions. Hard to understand what they're thinking.

Its a scam. You bid and win. Theyll take your money then in about 2 minutes after paying they will refund you, in the mean time. They pull that money into a account not retrievable by pp . Using a out of country bogus account. While your money is in limbo for a month . Guess what? no money , no item. Unless ebay sees it prior and pulls all the ads. You have to be on the ball with these ones. Been there.
    Last edited by slimt; Oct-10-2020 at 2:26pm.

Hmmmmm... they have an Ellis Deluxe F-5 currently at $34.00. I think slimt got it right.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Definite scam. The seller ID is for someone from the Netherlands. Very surprised eBay is letting this type of thing continue.
    Brentrup Model 23, Boeh A5 #37, Gibson A Jr., Big Muddy M-11, Coombe Classical flattop, Strad-O-Lin
    https://www.facebook.com/LauluAika/
    https://www.lauluaika.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/Longtine-Am...14404553312723

Yup, straight out scam. If you have a minute report the fraud.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

Ebays report a scam department is not functional up here. Seems they have a glitch. As soon as you see those colorful buy it nows. RUN. Usually there in the main description page. Easy to report. But as soon as they put in the picture section. It makes it tougher to delete by ebay

Listing has disappeared, even from history.