Thread: Eastwood Serial Numbers

Default Eastwood Serial Numbers

Are the first two numbers of an Eastwood serial number the year the guitar was manufactured? I purchased my Eastwood Warren Ellis 2P tenor guitar in 2016 as a discontinued model (2 humbuckers) and I just noticed that my serial number begins with "14". If it was built in 2014 and was sold on clearance in 2016 I understand why they stopped building the 2 humbucker model. I personally prefer the humbucker in the neck position instead of the single coil, but if my guitar was sitting around for 2 years before they sold it then I am obviously the odd duck.
    Blueridge BR-60T Tenor Guitar
    Eastwood Warren Ellis 2P Tenor Guitar

Default Re: Eastwood Serial Numbers

Hi Chip,

I can't answer definitively, but I'm with you - I just assumed the first two numbers represented the year.

I bought my Astrojet used, it starts with a 15 serial number and that was when they were introduced.

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/t...light=astrojet

Aren't we all odd ducks playing guitars that most of the world thinks are missing two strings?!

Huck

3. The following members say thank you to Huck for this post:

Lord of All Badgers Lord of the Badgers's Avatar

You could ask Eastwood - they are really responsive on their chat thingy online?

Quote Originally Posted by Huck View Post
    Aren't we all odd ducks playing guitars that most of the world thinks are missing two strings?!
    To me it's our superpower! I'm just looking at my now completely sorted ETG150 and my beautiful Manson thinking.... WHY WOULD I WANT MORE STRINGS!?

Tenors are simply the coolest guitars - their perceived lack of options tonally is what makes them WONDERFUL for songwriting. I like it simple. I get so many lovely simple ideas...
    It's like those big floor multieffects units - they're amazing - they make a LOT of sense - but all that menu diving? It's a massive distraction. I feel that way with six string instruments.
    People who play only six string are everywhere - especially when they break out the bluesy widdling. We aren't like that.

ps Huck - that Astrojet is one Eastwood I wish I could get - is yours the bigsby one?
    My name is Rob, and I am Lord of All Badgers

Tenor Guitars: Acoustic: Mcilroy ASP10T, ‘59 Martin 0-18t. Electric: ‘57 Gibson ETG-150, ‘80s Manson Kestrel
    Mandolins: Davidson f5, A5 "Badgerlin".
    Bouzouki: Paul Shippey Axe
    My band's website

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Badgers View Post
    Huck - that Astrojet is one Eastwood I wish I could get - is yours the bigsby one?
    Cheers Rob,
    My Astrojet is Wine Red no Bigsby. I really like mine.

Huck

Double humbucker model @ Guitar Center for $480 if anyone has an interest.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Ea...tric-Guitar.gc