Thread: Apitius J Model just arrived

Default Apitius J Model just arrived

Well I received My Apitius Model J this morning! After spend all morning watching for any indication of the slightest temperature increase I finally went and thru up My tension lessened some and I took the case out of the shipping box, and there it was the Hoffee case cover that I ordered with the Mando more waiting and off comes the case cover more waiting and finally open the case and

Now for the first impression as soon as I opened the case all of the suttle lines came into view, I was in Aw. I removed the thing from the case and the fit/finish was superb. I tuned it up and the tone was soft/mellow deep and loud. I just told OLiver that not only is this a Jazz machine but will sound great in the classical arena.

This is going to be one hell-of-a-kepper

KeithClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0200.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	389.3 KB 
ID:	189272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0201.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	344.0 KB 
ID:	189273

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Keith Johnston For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Apitius J Model just arrived

forgive the cliche, but pics?!

Sorry about the pics I was just too damn excited I know about the picture flip, tried everything same results

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Congrats on your new mandolin. Looks like a beaut. If you are like me you will find it difficult to put it down for months to come. What a great way to spend a socially isolated from civilization, Covid 2020 winter.
    Big Muddy EM8 solid body (Mike Dulak's final EM8 build)
    Kentucky KM-950
    Weber Gallatin A Mandola "D hole"
    Rogue 100A (current campfire tool & emergency canoe paddle)

Wow. Totally awesome!!!

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer

1925 Lyon & Healy Model A, #1674
    2015 Collings A (MT2-V)

Blog Entries

Great looking one right there, too bad its backwards

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to William Smith For This Useful Post:

That's a beauty for sure. I love Oliver's Vine. Congrats and happy picking.

Adam

Congratulations!! That’s a great looking Apitius J model. Enjoy!!!
    2023 A. Lawrence Smart A5
    2022 Girouard Griffith Tribute A5
    2021 Ellis F5 Special
    2021 Girouard Concert Master F Oval-hole
    2020 Heiden Artist Plus A5
    1992 Givens A6
    1919 Martin Style C

doggone it's beautiful, I can only fantasize that an Apitius would be the ultimate in tone and playability

13. The following members say thank you to CBFrench for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin Gaston View Post
    Congratulations!! That’s a great looking Apitius J model. Enjoy!!!
    My next one is a 2 Point, I simply love the design and look
    Keith

Blog Entries

Mine is scheduled to be delivered this Thursday, so if she arrives I'll have to wait awhile to open the box as well. Its been real fun working with Oliver on my build, pretty easy as all I did was pick out the wood and make a few customizations that Oliver was more than willing to try. The hard part was deciding what one of his F-5's I wanted! I picked out his Rosine model with a slab cut back and a mis-matched top "wider grain for the bass side and very fine for the treble side" the very fine Alessi tuners, a smaller type rounded neck all wrapped in his Black Cherry stain/varnish finish. And his LS voicing. Oh and wanted his take on the flowerpot as well.

I may in the future order one just like above but with his voicing? Or an A-5 with his voicing? I love the SCROLL however but I'm A style poor in comparison!

So is the J-model bigger than an A-5/F-5?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William Smith For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by William Smith View Post
    Mine is scheduled to be delivered this Thursday, so if she arrives I'll have to wait awhile to open the box as well. Its been real fun working with Oliver on my build, pretty easy as all I did was pick out the wood and make a few customizations that Oliver was more than willing to try. The hard part was deciding what one of his F-5's I wanted! I picked out his Rosine model with a slab cut back and a mis-matched top "wider grain for the bass side and very fine for the treble side" the very fine Alessi tuners, a smaller type rounded neck all wrapped in his Black Cherry stain/varnish finish. And his LS voicing. Oh and wanted his take on the flowerpot as well.

I may in the future order one just like above but with his voicing? Or an A-5 with his voicing? I love the SCROLL however but I'm A style poor in comparison!

No! Looking at pics is kind of deceiving, the J model is the same size as the A

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keith Johnston For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by William Smith View Post

I just spent the last 5-6 hrs getting familiar with 'lucy for short" and I must say the I am blown away with the neck profile. My fingers just fell in place and never seemed to get in the way of each other. The tone and sustain are ridiculous.

20. The following members say thank you to Keith Johnston for this post:

Blog Entries

Very Nice indeed, I love the look of the neck on your J! I'm oh so jealous as I'm still waiting on mine-funny! No I have patience but sure I'm pretty thrilled knowing mine's on its way.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William Smith For This Useful Post: