Thread: "Accapella App" type video software?

Default "Accapella App" type video software?

I know SO little about this that I don't have the knowledge or vocabulary to ask a proper question - but I will try. I have seen videos posted which show, for example, two to four simultaneous videos of one person playing multiple instruments that are all synched together. It appears that one such app is a subscription app called Acapella ($10/month). How is this type of software referred to - meaning what do you call it if you were going to do a google or Cafe search? If you have used this type of thing can you let me know what software you preferred and perhaps a conceptual idea of how it works? Thank you.

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer

1925 Lyon & Healy Model A, #1674
    2015 Collings A (MT2-V)

Default Re: "Accapella App" type video software?

Looks like a decent guide to how it works here:

Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

3. The following members say thank you to Jim Garber for this post:

Thank you Jim. I should clarify that I am interested in this TYPE of software but, hopefully, a different one that does not cost $10 a month......do searching for like kind....

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer

2015 Collings A (MT2-V)

Hey Tim,

I use VSDC, a completely free video software with a tone of youtube video tutorials. It's great. Here's the link where you can download it: http://www.videosoftdev.com/

Hope this works for you.

Isaac

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Isaac Casas For This Useful Post:

Thank you Isaac. It does not appear available for my IOS operating system. However I am interested in knowing if you can produce a video with it such as in this example:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_c7ZXEaDgFU

It is this type of video I am trying to understand (and feeling rather ignorant in doing so LOL). Thank you again!

2015 Collings A (MT2-V)

You can do that in iMovie on the Mac. Not sure about iOS. Here's one I did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Y3gsr0ZZQ Larry sent me a video leaving a place for me to play. I played along to his video and then it took some time in iMovie to adjust it so the 2 parts synced up. If you were doing it yourself, I'd recommend a click track. We weren't really planning to do a video together, but after I played along with him, it seemed like it would work. I don't know how many windows you can have in iMovie--you might be limited to 2? The feature is called window in window or something like that. Search for it--that's how I learned it.
    2010 Heiden A5, 2020 Pomeroy oval A, 2013 Kentucky KM1000 F5, 2012 Girouard A Mandola w ff holes, 2001 Old Wave A oval octave
    http://HillbillyChamberMusic.bandcamp.com
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/@hillbillychambermusic

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Don Grieser For This Useful Post:

Tim, it's called multi-track recording. For iOS you should try the Gridplay app:
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=gridplay+a...=v225-1&ia=web

You can download it for free, but pay the one-time $3 upcharge for longer videos.
    Watch the Aimee Nolte videos about it that you'll see in the search link I posted. (She's a great teacher by the way - I've learned a lot from her even though I don't play keyboards.)

I got Gridplay despite some cranky reviews, because I was not willing to pay the subscription charges for Acapella, and I really wanted something simple I could use on the phone. What I've found is that it's a lot of fun, and it works pretty well most of the time if you can do each track in one take. It can get weird if you try to re-do a track, as it seems to blend with the track you're recording over rather than erasing it. This creates undesirable echoey and muddled sounds that get worse each time you do that track over. When I've done each track without do-overs, it worked great. I found it a little frustrating to learn at first, but quickly got over that. And hey, it's $3! It's a lot of fun for the money once you get past the learning curve and some of the quirks. I think of it more as a notepad than a pro editing program, but if I wanted to do a pro editing job I'd import video and audio to a full sized program on the computer. It fits my needs pretty well, and I certainly haven't learned everything it can do yet. And hey, it's $3!

11. The following members say thank you to Alfons for this post:

Hi Alfons. This sounds promising. I will download and start to play with it - should be fun! Thank you very much for the help!!!

2015 Collings A (MT2-V)

I just started the free 7 day trial. I’ve recorded one song so far, me playing acoustic guitar and mandolin. I was very happy with the app. I ran both through a small mixer to my iPad, you can also go to an iPhone . Really good sound and video . So I like the Accapella app. You can get a yearly subscription for around $45 I live in New York, close to NYC, If we get locked in again this winter I’ll be doing a lot of YouTube videos. Overall I thought the app was simple and fun to use

14. The following members say thank you to Donn1958 for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donn1958 View Post
    I just started the free 7 day trial. I’ve recorded one song so far, me playing acoustic guitar and mandolin. I was very happy with the app. I ran both through a small mixer to my iPad, you can also go to an iPhone . Really good sound and video . So I like the Accapella app. You can get a yearly subscription for around $45 I live in New York, close to NYC, If we get locked in again this winter I’ll be doing a lot of YouTube videos. Overall I thought the app was simple and fun to use
    I like the way you put that - $45 for a year of fun - who can argue with that. Thanks!!!

2015 Collings A (MT2-V)