Thread: Inexpensive F style case

Default Inexpensive F style case

Hi

I'm looking for an inexpensive hardhshell F-style case. The mandolin won't be leaving the house so I'm just looking for something decent not indestructible.

Any retailers have some good deals out there?

Thanks

Default Re: Inexpensive F style case

Search ebay: New Top Grade Microgroove Pattern Hardshell Mandolin Case for F Style Mandolins... 41.77 with free shipping. I've bought several of these, they are just fine.
    Hughes F-5 #1
    Hughes A model #1
    1922 Gibson A-2
    1958 Gibson A-5

3. The following members say thank you to Vernon Hughes for this post:

Amazon has them at 60 so that 41.00 is an even better deal.
    "Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them". These are the words of J. Garber.

https://www.elderly.com/collections/...-cases-gigbags

Elderly has a Travelite and a Guardian for 80. Its a bit more to pay but your investment will be better protected imho.

The Gator Journeyman series case has a canvas outer covering, but LOTS of foam padding inside and a very comfortable handle. Not weather proof, but better protection than the Canadian wood hardshell cases I also use.

https://www.amazon.com/Gator-Journey...5041991&sr=8-7

That's a pretty cool looking case. I recently bought one of the regular nylon Gator cases for my Morris flat top, and I like it a lot. That Journeyman one looks a little classier, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon Hughes View Post
    Search ebay: New Top Grade Microgroove Pattern Hardshell Mandolin Case for F Style Mandolins... 41.77 with free shipping. I've bought several of these, they are just fine.
    Thanks for replies. I bought this case referenced above...from Glarrymusic.com which is in NJ near me...a little more then E-Bay but I felt a little better buying it direct form the retailer rather then through E-bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Roy View Post
    The Gator Journeyman series case has a canvas outer covering, but LOTS of foam padding inside and a very comfortable handle. Not weather proof, but better protection than the Canadian wood hardshell cases I also use.
    I have a Calton Case for the mandolin I travel with a.... Kimble A...had the Kimble in the TKL it came with but that case is on it's way out..had an F I don't play out too much sitting in the Calton so figured I shuffle things around a bit as the Calton Case was being wasted. More then you needed to know

Blog Entries

I just went to Musicians Friend (musiciansfriend.com) and found a nice selection of hard shell cases for F style instruments, at very reasonable prices. Under $200 and even under $100.
    Having something to say is highly over rated.

The entire staff
    funny....