Thread: Weber now?

Default Weber now?

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since Bruce sold to Two Old Hippies. I am curious how the current Webers compare with the Montana Webers. Has anyone had the chance to A/B them? Thanks.
    Tony Huber
    1930 Martin Style C #14783
    2011 Mowry GOM
    2013 Hester F4 #31
    2014 Ellis F5 #322
    2017 Nyberg Mandola #172

Default Re: Weber now?

I have had plenty of opportunity to compare with keeping a large stock and in my opinion the tone and build quality has remained consistent.
    Trevor
    Formerly of The Acoustic Music Co (TAMCO) Brighton England now retired.

3. The following members say thank you to trevor for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by red7flag View Post
    A lot of water has gone under the bridge since Bruce sold to Two Old Hippies. I am curious how the current Webers compare with the Montana Webers. Has anyone had the chance to A/B them? Thanks.
    I have 3 Montana Webers and did acquire an Oregon A body that was fantastic. I sold it to a friend that needed a mando and he was very pleased with it. I would not hesitate to recommend either.

It's hard to A/B them, because the Montana Webers are all at least six years old now, so they've opened up. That said, I played a few of the Oregon Webers over a year ago at Sylvan Music in Santa Cruz, and I'll agree with Trevor that they definitely had the Weber tone.
    still trying to turn dreams into memories

Worlds ok-ist mando playr Zach Wilson's Avatar

My '14 Yellowstone has Bruce's signature and, Im pretty sure, is from Oregon. I love it! And wouldn't trade it for (almost) any other mandolin.

i own two recent built Webers, thinking the Yellowstone F is a 2017 and the pronghorn was at the last Namm show(2019). both are excellent in every way. I've owned Webers from the past, around 5 i think-all fine instruments, but honestly i like these current builds better in every way.

the best way i can sum up my personal feeling of the weber line i have owned would be, the current ones i own carry the Weber DNA and have evolved in positive ways to be even better.

i don't look at other mandolins these days, i'm well satisfied.

d