I’ve been creeping around the forum for a year now and let me tell you what I’ve learned so far. Now, I am good with names but there are too many here to remember but I wanna say “Scott” doesn’t like discussion about tortoise shell picks. Just ‘cause I want to say it, don’t make it so.
Maybe he’s also the person to witch some faux pas is afflicted when you heavily use the classifieds and don’t donate. I’m nowhere near even a $1000 mando (Epiphone F style with enough chop and tone for me right now). I rarely see one under 1k that piques my interest, but I would be guilty of some COVID blues cyber mandolin fondling.
I like what you guys seem to like, great mandolin music no matter the genre though at some time mandojeremy spoke in class about Sam Bush a lot. He was the go to guy.
I’m trying to figure out a few things and maybe someone who’s read this far will feel moved somehow to school me.
I have a condition I call the Mandonavirus which is a lot like Mandolin ADD due to overstimuli. I piddle with a fiddle tune or two and when I just mechanically can’t make it happen, I maniacally smash my intro Ibanez into the dash (yeah yeah I read it all). Other bungles include trading a one of a kind prototype guitar for a savannah with a plug in. Jezmund the family berserker, or more willingly Locust the Lurker, that’s me. I need a program. I’m broke. I need someone to say, “you may post no more drivel until you can play for (x) amount a day and these songs and we will talk again.” Treat me like a mean AA sponsor would, if anybody’s out there. A good kick in the pants that’s what I need. I’ve been being pulled towards Irish stuff. But Id rather play like Andrew of Mandolin Orange who plays like himself, not Thile or Bush (though I’d get fan girl over the both of them), I wanna play like me. I wanna utilize the dynamics a mandolin can deliver. I wanna look like I’m having as much fun as Dawg and I wish he were my dad. Whoa getting out there.
Oh no I’ve said too much... I think I thought I saw you cry

Thanks
locustdlurker (background in guitar, choir, music theory and sustained noise making
Epiphone)

I have a picture to share, not of me
How do I do that