Thread: Bragg Handmade Mandolins?

Default Bragg Handmade Mandolins?

Around 13 years ago was the last thread on this site I could find about Stanley Bragg Mandolins and even those threads had no valuable information. I know he has built them in West Virginia, but does anyone know anything else about him? Does he still build? I couldn't find a website or any pictures or anything about his collection of work. Maybe he just has worked by word of mouth through the small towns there, I don't know! Any info would be appreciated!

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bragg Handmade Mandolins?

Curious to see what develops in this thread. Some years ago I heard about a builder/Luthier outside of Wheeling WV near the community of Dallas Pike. I needed some luthier work at the time and was unable to find any information. Could we be thinking about the same person?
    Big Muddy EM8 solid body (Mike Dulak's final EM8 build)
    Kentucky KM-950
    Weber Gallatin A Mandola "D hole"
    Rogue 100A (current campfire tool & emergency canoe paddle)

Corey Eller/Willow Tree Stringed Instruments is located in Dallas, WV (Dallas Pike exit) near Wheeling. He is a friend who had done great work for me and many of my friends. I don't know where Stanley Bragg is located. I thought he was more in the southern part of the state.
    Old Hometown, Cabin Fever String Band

4. The following members say thank you to jim simpson for this post:

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jim simpson View Post
    Corey Eller/Willow Tree Stringed Instruments is located in Dallas, WV (Dallas Pike exit) near Wheeling. He is a friend who had done great work for me and many of my friends. I don't know where Stanley Bragg is located. I thought he was more in the southern part of the state.
    Good to know! Dallas is about 50 minutes from me. I tried to look him up for an official web site. Not able to find anything except a facebook page of which I will not participate. Do you have other contact information? Feel free to PM me so as not to have this OP's question run off track.

Sorry "BORNTOPLAY4STRINGS". I do not mean to hijack your thread and question. I just thought we may have been talking about the same person.
    Kentucky KM-950

Haha, no problem! From the digging I've done it seems that Stan Bragg works out of Hinton WV. There were a couple guys who had previously said they knew him personally but I don't know if they will see this post and give me any info about him. Anyway, I purchased one of his mandolins and waiting for it to arrive, just wanted to see if anyone currently knew anything about the guy because I still can't find much.

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Borntoplay4strings View Post
    Haha, no problem! From the digging I've done it seems that Stan Bragg works out of Hinton WV. There were a couple guys who had previously said they knew him personally but I don't know if they will see this post and give me any info about him. Anyway, I purchased one of his mandolins and waiting for it to arrive, just wanted to see if anyone currently knew anything about the guy because I still can't find much.
    Give us a review on your new to you mandolin.
    Happy pick’n
    Kentucky KM-950