Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals...

Default Re: WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals...

I don't know if i'm being bated or triggered? I'm too stupid to tell. Oh BTW, i've got at least two of these MF mandolins. What if i lent them to students? Not saying i did. Asking for somebody else.

Teacher, repair person

Well, neither, really . . .

This conversation is just an extension of the consequences of living in a society where a bag of peanuts, clearly labelled and easily identifiable as peanuts, carries an additional warning: "This product contains peanuts."

"Just two things of which you must beware, don't drink the water and don't breathe the air." --Tom Lehrer, in his song "Pollution," from his album "That Was the Year That Was," released in 1965. A prophet . . .

Quote Originally Posted by farmerjones View Post
    I don't know if i'm being bated or triggered? I'm too stupid to tell. Oh BTW, i've got at least two of these MF mandolins. What if i lent them to students? Not saying i did. Asking for somebody else.
    There are probably a small number of people sensitive to these chemicals who'll appreciate the warning. Otherwise, for most of us, this is probably just one more element in the toxic stew already in our houses. Sigh.
    Robert Johnson's mother, describing blues musicians:
    "I never did have no trouble with him until he got big enough to be round with bigger boys and off from home. Then he used to follow all these harp blowers, mandoleen (sic) and guitar players."
    Lomax, Alan, The Land where The Blues Began, NY: Pantheon, 1993, p.14.

Teacher, repair person

Well, if you're on a computer, you're in contact with a device that contains potentially toxic chemicals. The only way to avoid contact with chemicals is to build your own home with hand tools, grow your own food, make your own clothes from organic cotton, and never go anywhere. And even going to those extremes won't isolate you from all chemical hazards, it will only limit the amount of contact.

And, as a scientist on the radio said: Cavemen got cancer, dinosaurs got cancer. (He wasn't saying that people don't make toxins that cause cancer, or arguing against environmental clean up, just saying that cancer's been around a long time.)

No one gets out of this world alive.
    Robert Johnson's mother, describing blues musicians:
    "I never did have no trouble with him until he got big enough to be round with bigger boys and off from home. Then he used to follow all these harp blowers, mandoleen (sic) and guitar players."
    Lomax, Alan, The Land where The Blues Began, NY: Pantheon, 1993, p.14.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranald View Post
    And, as a scientist on the radio said: Cavemen got cancer, dinosaurs got cancer. (He wasn't saying that people don't make toxins that cause cancer, or arguing against environmental clean up, just saying that cancer's been around a long time.)

No one gets out of this world alive.
    Radio? I don't believe nothing unless I see it on the internet.
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

7. The following members say thank you to HonketyHank for this post:

Ranald 

I've suffered no ill effects from Ellis tasting, can't say the same for Tom's cheesehead sampling.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2136.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	189985  

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oldwave maker For This Useful Post:

I have one of those folding cardboard sun shields for my windshield. There is a warning along the bottom which reads, "Do not operate vehicle with shield in place".

Blog Entries

WARNING: Continues use of this mandolin could lead to abandonment of previously purchased expensive guitars.

I saw a bumper sticker that said something similar about fishing. WARNING: Continued fishing can lead to driving right past many golf courses.
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....

On a small string of packing "pillows," Warning! This Is Not To Be Used As Personal Flotation Devise!"
    Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings