Thread: Anyone heard from almeriastrings?

Default Anyone heard from almeriastrings?

I bought my first good mandolin from him several years ago, and was planning to drive down the coast to visit him & his wife (pre-Covid) when I stopped hearing from him. I see that he hasn't been active on the Cafe since last May. I also miss his authoritative equipment posts! Hoping all is OK.

Default Re: Anyone heard from almeriastrings?

Sent a PM a few months ago to to ask the same. Never heard back. Also hoping all is well.
    "I play BG so that's what I can talk intelligently about." A line I loved and pirated from Mandoplumb

I seem to remember a post from him quite some time ago where he mentioned that he’d been busy doing other things.

I tried to contact him recently via Messenger to see if he was playing music. He posts on Facebook about photography. I did not get a response.

He did say a year ago that not much music was happening in his part of Spain.
    Nic Gellie

I remember seeing that as well on his FB gig page a while ago, Nick. I think things are pretty grim in his area right now, as (I think) its economy is pretty dependent on British expats/second home owners who are either not able to come over, or who have returned to the UK.

I haven’t seen or heard from him for ages, either. We bought a really nice KM1000 from him a few years ago. Hope he’s alright.

Well Covid has not stopped me from playing music. In fact I am practicing and playing music more than ever before. And I am living in Spain. It is not as bad here as the media make out. Spanish people and expats are a pretty tough lot. The history of Spain vouches for their tenacity to make good life under adverse circumstances.
    Nic Gellie

Agreed, Nick. Up here on the Costa Brava, incidences are low-ish, and everyone's doing the right thing. But if you read the news, it's just the opposite. Don't get me started on media bias!!

I meant "grim" in my previous post to mean playing gigs, as I don't think there's as much potential audience for him & his partner as normal right now.