Thread: Remember When

Default Remember When

I tried a search with no luck... I’m a newbie so I might have missed it. Does anyone have a score or tab for Alan Jackson’s Remember When? It’s the song that led me to mandolin as my first stringed instrument, because I want to add it to our band’s set list. I’ve been picking it out by ear but it would be great if someone has already done it.
    Also let me know if there’s a better place to post this (e.g. Song and Tune Projects?)

Thanks! Don

Default Re: Remember When

A nice AJ song IMO and a subtle spotlight for the mandolin. I'll bet if you've already had some success "picking it out by ear" if you stick with it, you'll get it all.

I'm sure if the moderators think the thread should be moved, they'll move it.
    "I play BG so that's what I can talk intelligently about." A line I loved and pirated from Mandoplumb

Worlds ok-ist mando playr Zach Wilson's Avatar

A quick YouTube search came up with this. Not the prettiest playing but I think it's right. Hope it helps!

https://youtu.be/Ele8ixaqKTo

It's a great choice as there's lots of room to improvise and you can get a lot of mileage out of playing within the scale of the key each section is in. Have fun with it !

Yeah, I think that little intro video Zach posted about covers it. Just learn that in G (the key it starts out). You've got G, Em, C and D chords to work with in that key.
    It moves into the key of C with the same progression. Finally goes to the key of A and stays there.
    "I play BG so that's what I can talk intelligently about." A line I loved and pirated from Mandoplumb

Thanks all- I’ll keep working on it!