Thread: Honest brokers of instruments from Brazil through mercado livre

Default Honest brokers of instruments from Brazil through mercado livre

Hi folks,
    In my quest to add to my collection of resonator mandolins and tenor guitars, I purchased a Del Vecchio Dinamico tenor through Reverb, and it ended up being such a sweet, uniquely-voiced instrument that I thought I'd look for a Del Vecchio Dinamico mandolin (dinamico is their designation of their resonator models). Easier said then done, until I discovered Mercado Livre, which is the ebay of Brazil. The problem: besides me not speaking Portuguese, unless I missed something, it's impossible to buy directly through Mercado Livre from the States. I was lucky to stumble across a "Mercado Livre personal shopper" on ebay: adailmilleregatier0 Miller didn't know a lot about instruments, but he has been unfailingly polite, earnest in his attempt at finding a solution to seeking a CITES certificate when I thought one was needed (turns out it wasn't), a quick study in how to pack an instrument properly, and an all-round honest broker. He charges a modest fee, of course, but he actually bought the bandolim (with only a promise, no money, from me!), had it shipped to him, repacked it, and shipped it DHL. Even with his fee, international shipping costs, plus the ebay and paypal fees I absorbed as a buyer, I considered my purchase a bargain. So, you Choro players out there, start looking on Mercado Livre.!

OK, I went a little wild, and now I have a DV mandolin AND a DV bandolim. The mandolin I purchased through Reverb, and again, the seller was in Brazil, but Victor specializes in Del Vecchio resonator guitars , speaks great English, posted a video of the mandolin before purchase, and offered to help me find other instruments I might be interested in. His reverb shop is Bonanza Brazilian Vintage Guitars .

I have NO financial interest with either of these guys, but lucky to have found them. Thought I'd pass the info on to other MC users. Here are my Del Vecchios:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0204.jpeg 
Views:	93 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	190356  

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjbee For This Useful Post: