Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mandolin stands

Default Re: Mandolin stands

I don't play out but if I did there's no way I'd put my mandolin in/on a stand when it'd be just as easy to put it in the case with no risk of damage. At home I only have two dogs and they both scared to death to even get close to my instruments so I leave my mandolin leaning on the couch cushion in between playing as I'm constantly picking it up and playing all day and nite. I'd walk myself to death if I put it back in the case or on a stand each time I moved to another instrument for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by CBFrench View Post
    I don't play out but if I did there's no way I'd put my mandolin in/on a stand when it'd be just as easy to put it in the case with no risk of damage. At home I only have two dogs and they both scared to death to even get close to my instruments so I leave my mandolin leaning on the couch cushion in between playing as I'm constantly picking it up and playing all day and nite. I'd walk myself to death if I put it back in the case or on a stand each time I moved to another instrument for a bit.
    It’s really not “just as easy” when playing out... a lot of times there’s no space, and/or the instrument is plugged in and it’s disruptive to mute the mixer and unplug it (or make bad noises if you don’t mute). A stand is pretty essential. I use the cheap hanging guitar stands from Musician’s friend and keep a couple in the truck and a couple in the music room at all times.

I understand and I don't play out, amplify or have any need for volume, my couch and sitting outside on a patio are my music rooms...mandolin cases are mighty small?

Quote Originally Posted by NDO View Post
    It’s really not “just as easy” when playing out... a lot of times there’s no space, and/or the instrument is plugged in and it’s disruptive to mute the mixer and unplug it (or make bad noises if you don’t mute). A stand is pretty essential. I use the cheap hanging guitar stands from Musician’s friend and keep a couple in the truck and a couple in the music room at all times.
    great response...and the OP was asking for recommendations on stands, there was no mention of needing anyone's opinion of if it was a good idea or not.

Quote Originally Posted by maplebaby View Post
    great response...and the OP was asking for recommendations on stands, there was no mention of needing anyone's opinion of if it was a good idea or not.
    well I guess you told me? but I am looking for a float so I can put my amp in my pool...just joshing around...

Distressed Model John Ritchhart's Avatar

Stands are important on the stage for switching instruments, alternate tunings, different instruments etc. I keep them on a stand at home for ready access and I do a lot of switching around at home as well.
    We few, we happy few.

Quote Originally Posted by CBFrench View Post
    well I guess you told me? but I am looking for a float so I can put my amp in my pool...just joshing around...
    haha...wasn’t you at all I thought your post was great in describing the need for a stand

I use a Hercules ukulele stand the AGS single ukulele stand (http://herculesstands.com/internatio...ent/ukulele/); it's small, portable and lightweight. It really is easy to transport and is safe for all finishes so works really well for me.
    -Ross
    Just a dude with a mandolin.
    rossdoesbass.com - my website