Thread: Robert godin receives the order of canada

Default Robert godin receives the order of canada

Congratulations! Well deserved.

https://www.premierguitar.com/blogs/...-canada-honour

From the email sent out by Godin Guitars:

Robert Godin
    Receives the Order of Canada Honour

Godin Guitars is proud to announce that Robert Godin has received the Order Of Canada Honour (C.M.) by the Governor General for his research and development activities in guitar manufacturing.

Established in 1967 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the Order of Canada is the cornerstone of the Canadian Honours System and recognizes outstanding achievement, dedication to the community, and service to the nation. The Order recognizes people in all sectors of Canadian society. Their contributions are varied, yet they have all enriched the lives of others and made a difference to this country.

Robert Godin, C.M. has been designing and building guitars for nearly 50 years, and has earned the reputation of being a global pioneer and a constant innovator in guitar manufacturing. His lifelong passion and dedication to the guitar are truly inspirational. He joins the ranks of many other remarkable and outstanding Canadians in the Order of Canada, such as Jack Long (Long & McQuade), Randy Bachman, Alain Caron, Alex Lifeson, Céline Dion, Sarah McLachlan, Tom Cochrane, Leonard Cohen, and countless other legendary honorees.

Congratulations, Robert Godin, C.M.!

2. The following members say thank you to Franc Homier Lieu for this post:

Ranald 

Default Re: Robert godin receives the order of canada

Here's my Seagull mando, which is a Godin instrument. And of course Godin makes the wonderful A8 electric mando.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seagull mando.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	652.1 KB 
ID:	190416

The beer is a nice touch!

Quote Originally Posted by rickbella View Post
    The beer is a nice touch!
    It's Canadian too, but I don't think the Queen has given it any honours.
    Here's to Godin, both Robert and his mandolins.
    Robert Johnson's mother, describing blues musicians:
    "I never did have no trouble with him until he got big enough to be round with bigger boys and off from home. Then he used to follow all these harp blowers, mandoleen (sic) and guitar players."
    Lomax, Alan, The Land where The Blues Began, NY: Pantheon, 1993, p.14.

In addition to the Seagull mandolin I've had for about 3 years, I recently picked up a Seagull guitar which a friend was selling.
    Not expensive, but really nice to play.

So I've got to say congratulations to Robert.

His company make their instruments in the small village of LaPatrie in Quebec.

"Today, LaPatrie has a population of about 475 and about half of these people are guitar builders. These folks take a great deal of pride in the guitars they build."

I would say that is incredibly cool, actually.
    David A. Gordon

Great to hear! He certainly deserves that honor. I still steer folks towards Seagull and Art & Lutherie instruments if it best suits their needs. Plus, they do a great job with dealers. A friend who works at a local music store went to Canada to tour the facility. He was so impressed he ended up buying one of the guitars. (He's usually a Martin guy).
    Brentrup Model 23, Boeh A5 #37, Gibson A Jr., Big Muddy M-11, Coombe Classical flattop, Strad-O-Lin
    https://www.facebook.com/LauluAika/
    https://www.lauluaika.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/Longtine-Am...14404553312723

Excellent ! Godin 5th Ave owner here.

I've owned a Seagull Maritime min-jumbo guitar and a Godin Fifth Avenue Kingpin II guitar, and still have and gig with a Godin Multiac nylon-string guitar and Godin A8 mandolin. All very good-quality, value-for-the-dollar instruments, IMO. A good company and a well-earned honor, it would seem.