Thread: Harmony H1201TG - $68 Tenor Guitar on Craigslist in So. Illinois

Default Harmony H1201TG - $68 Tenor Guitar on Craigslist in So. Illinois

Not mine - NFI

Anyone in Southern Illinois looking for an inexpensive tenor guitar? Have not seen one this cheap in years.

Harmony tenor guitar - $68 (Carbondale)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00x0x_38gNodHURZp_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	190562
    https://carbondale.craigslist.org/ms...247580519.html

Lord of All Badgers Lord of the Badgers's Avatar

Default Re: Harmony H1201TG - $68 Tenor Guitar on Craigslist in So. Illin

Wow!!!!

When I was on Facebook i used to browse the small ads. If i spotted something going for too little and the ad owner seemed legit enough (how can you tell right?) i would message them to point out they'd underpriced.

One woman wanted to give away some napoleonic scrimshaw (she had no idea what it was) for £10 for example. I've seen it go for $300 online.
    The other was a whacky 60s electric guitar - the model of which the likes of George Harrison cut their teeth on... was worth rather more than the lady was advertising it for.
    My name is Rob, and I am Lord of All Badgers

Tenor Guitars: Acoustic: Mcilroy ASP10T, ‘59 Martin 0-18t. Electric: ‘57 Gibson ETG-150, ‘80s Manson Kestrel
    Mandolins: Davidson f5, A5 "Badgerlin".
    Bouzouki: Paul Shippey Axe
    My band's website

I picked this one up today. The owner had an appointment in St. Louis so we met. It's very clean and structurally sound, but does need a significant amount of work. The bridge has a few cracks, any of which alone would be very repairable, but I'll just make a new bridge for it. The neck is bowed and probably needs a reset. The fingerboard is pretty dried out so most likely I'll make a new fb and put a carbon fiber bar in the neck. The pick guard is in great shape, but about halfway unattached. Since I will do the work, the price was more than fair.

I have another just like it that was in nearly the same shape, but much rougher condition. I did all of the above repairs to it and it is a sweet little tenor. I may get around to shaving the huge braces on both of them some day.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe Mendel For This Useful Post:

Default Harmony H1201TG

How about posting some pictures please Joe? I'd appreciate seeing your work.

Huck

It will be a while before I get to it, I'm buried under repairs. I will get to it though, and I'll post pictures.