Thread: Vivaldi Mandolin and Organ Festival w/ E Skliar & A Alexandrov

Default Vivaldi Mandolin and Organ Festival w/ E Skliar & A Alexandrov

Several weeks ago, the Munier Orchestra and American Guild of Organists presented a Vivaldi Mandolin and Organ Festival. While the music was wonderful, we did not promote it, in order to comply with strict COVID guidelines. The decision was to go ahead with live performances in front of a small live audience and then promote heavily on line...So here it is!

Featuring Alexey Alexandrov (domra) and Ekaterina Skliar (mandolin), Aaron Patterson (organ), and Dylan David Shaw (organ).

The concert features two of Vivaldi's famous mandolin concertos - Concerto for Mandolin in C and Concerto for Two Mandolins in G -but with organ accompaniment instead of string orchestra.

The program begins with two pieces from Mandolin Mirth, a CD of holiday music that I arranged specifically for Alexey and Ekaterina.

Aaron performs a solo organ work by JS Bach, and Dylan performs his own arrangement of Gilbert and Sullivan's Yeoman of the Guard.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlinkins For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Vivaldi Mandolin and Organ Festival w/ E Skliar & A Alexandro

Nice. That woman doing the talking has a Philly accent, so I guess that is where this was?

Default Re: Vivaldi Mandolin and Organ Festival w/ E Skliar & A Alexandro

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Buckingham View Post
    Nice. That woman doing the talking has a Philly accent, so I guess that is where this was?
    Yes, good call. St. Colman's Church in Ardmore, PA...just outside of Philly. Ardmore is the first of the Main Line stops heading out from Philly.