Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iReal Pro Charts

Default iReal Pro Charts

Hola Y'all-amos,

I don't post as much as I would like to on the MandoCafe but I thought I'd at least post a link to some iReal Pro Charts that I've posted over on the iReal Pro Forums. I've learned so much from this forum and this is just one way I'd like to offer a little payback to the greater Mandolin Cafe Community.

The majority of these charts are based on those offered by Matt Flinner in his on-line courses and Social Isolation Jams. I think there are now over a thousand charts of bluegrass, jazz, fiddle tunes, roots, and rock and roll tunes arranged by Matt for mandolin. Matt is prolific and his choice in music is broad and tasteful. I would also highly encourage anyone here to sign up for some on-line courses with Matt at:
    https://www.mattflinner.com

You can find the iReal Pro Charts here:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...Scotter-charts

-Scotty
    Play that which you feel is groovy, get down with your bad self, and shake your money maker if it makes sense for you to do so.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scotter For This Useful Post:

Default Re: iReal Pro Charts

If you are a member and are looking to find tracks Pete Martin has a page with many tracks. Thank you for taking the time to post them Pete.

Good app by the way...

Scotty, thank you! These are awesome and very helpful for jamming at home
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85

Wowzers Scott-- thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotter View Post
    Hola Y'all-amos,

I don't post as much as I would like to on the MandoCafe but I thought I'd at least post a link to some iReal Pro Charts that I've posted over on the iReal Pro Forums. I've learned so much from this forum and this is just one way I'd like to offer a little payback to the greater Mandolin Cafe Community.

The majority of these charts are based on those offered by Matt Flinner in his on-line courses and Social Isolation Jams. I think there are now over a thousand charts of bluegrass, jazz, fiddle tunes, roots, and rock and roll tunes arranged by Matt for mandolin. Matt is prolific and his choice in music is broad and tasteful. I would also highly encourage anyone here to sign up for some on-line courses with Matt at:
    https://www.mattflinner.com

You can find the iReal Pro Charts here:
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...Scotter-charts

-Scotty
    I wasn’t aware that Matt authorized sharing his written material to those who hadn’t taken his classes. He hadn’t done so in the classes I have taken.

There are plenty of other sources for those charts, including many already on iReal Pro.
    Not all the clams are at the beach

Arrow Manouche
    Arrow Jazzbo
    Arrow G
    Clark 2 point
    Gibson F5L
    Gibson A-4
    Ratliff CountryBoy A

I don't think he is sharing anything that Matt actually created for the class, just putting those arrangements into iRealPro.
    I know from one of the classes I was in that Matt was aware of that and encouraging of it being shared as a practice tool.
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85

Yeah, what Drew said. I would never share Matt's written material (and I haven't) without his authorization or post the link to the iReal Pro charts without his endorsement. The majority of the charts that I've posted haven't been previously posted on the iReal Pro Forums according to previous searches. Additional charts are currently being uploaded several times weekly.

Your welcome!

See in you class, y'all!

-Scotty
    Play that which you feel is groovy, get down with your bad self, and shake your money maker if it makes sense for you to do so.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scotter For This Useful Post:

Since obtaining initial mod approval in the Sandbox Forums for my charts, I've noticed that some of my charts have been since posted into other permanent iReal Pro Forums by the iReal Pro Forum moderators.

The Sandbox Forum was created as a place where iReal Pro Forum users could post their charts as a way of sharing them with each other without necessarily having to directly e-mail them to other users. One of the moderators had communicated to me in the past that this collection would likely be made permanent if it obtained enough interest in downloads. I checked the iReal Pro Forums this morning to see that, in addition to the "Scotter charts" thread in the Sandbox Forum, the entire thread now has a permanent place in the Bluegrass, Country Forum now labeled "Scotter lists."

Happy New Year!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scotter For This Useful Post:

well I just added to my ireal and they sound great, tks so much

Registered User Sherry Cadenhead's Avatar

OK, so I now have iReal Pro and have registered. I found the song I want, but the tab shows "loading," with the URL (or whatever it's called), but I don't see the charts or sheet music anywhere, rather just a black screen. What step am I missing?

Go to the forum, the globe icon on the opening page and download the genres you want. It’s all chord charts, no melodies,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McCall View Post
    Go to the forum, the globe icon on the opening page and download the genres you want. It’s all chord charts, no melodies,
    Nope. Not working for me. I just get a tab that reads "Untitled." I was going to send a message to Support, but it seems if you send a message, it is appreciated but there will be no response. There's great stuff there; I just can't access it.

I guess I don’t understand. On the homepage there’s a set of playlists. Have you download the playlists and imported them?

Arrow Manouche
    Arrow Jazzbo
    Arrow G
    Clark 2 point
    Gibson F5L
    Gibson A-4
    Ratliff CountryBoy A

Works ok here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry Cadenhead View Post
    just a black screen.
    I just get a tab that reads "Untitled."
    Sounds like you're trying to read the chord charts with a web browser, which won't work (if I try that, I get the "black screen" and untitled "tab" that you mentioned).

Instead, I'd recommend to open the actual iReal Pro app, and locate the charts you want using that app.

Sherry, I think you might be a Windows user, and if so there will probably be a process that allows you to use iReal Pro outside the Mac environment via an Android emulator. I am a Windows user and have not used iReal Pro so this is just a suggestion and probably totally off!
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores

I've had ireal pro on my imac several years, think it was $12 or so. It's a nice little program I don't use it much tho, always couch or patio diddling around on my instruments and chromebook for what little browsing I do.

Quote Originally Posted by JL277z View Post
    Works ok here.

Sounds like you're trying to read the chord charts with a web browser, which won't work (if I try that, I get the "black screen" and untitled "tab" that you mentioned).

Instead, I'd recommend to open the actual iReal Pro app, and locate the charts you want using that app.
    Yes! I thought it odd there was no cost to sign up on my PC, but the app for my phone, which I haven't purchased is $14.99.

Google search resulted in this:

"We haven't made iReal Pro for Windows yet, but there is an easy way to run the Android version on a PC using a third-party Android emulator. There are many alternatives like MEmu, AndY just to name a few. Here you find the basic steps how to install iReal Pro with an emulator using BlueStacks*. This process is very similar when you use any other emulator."

Tutorial: http://irealpro.com/windows/

I was able to download it to my PC ($14.99, I believe) and played around with it for a bit. There is a learning curve, but hopefully it's not too steep.

Thought someone else might appreciate having this info.

There’s definitely a bit of a learning curve. Making my own “arrangements” from scratch has really helped me to play in live jams. It’s worth the time investment.
    Girouard A
    Silverangel A
    Eastman 615

23. The following members say thank you to A-board for this post:

Did you Mac/iPhone/iPad users have to pay separately for installation on each device?

Did you Mac/iPhone/iPad users have to pay separately for installation on each device?
    I don't know about Apple devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad), but on Apple's competitor Android an app purchase is good for multiple devices. Or at least two devices in my experience.

I paid for iReal Pro only once, but I'm able to install and use it on both my Android phone *and* my Android tablet (both devices are associated with the same email account that Android/Google uses to keep track of who's who).

I suppose my experience is probably more a function of the Google Play Store (the Android equivalent of the Apple App Store, as far as I can tell) rather than a decision made by individual app developers, as all the rest of the Android apps I use are the same way, they allow running on phone and tablet simultaneously.

Hopefully someone familiar with Apple products will be able to answer your question as to whether or not Apple devices have that same multiple-device functionality that Android does.

Nope.

Arrow Manouche
    Arrow Jazzbo
    Arrow G
    Clark 2 point
    Gibson F5L
    Gibson A-4
    Ratliff CountryBoy A

Quote Originally Posted by JL277z View Post
    I don't know about Apple devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad), but on Apple's competitor Android an app purchase is good for multiple devices. Or at least two devices in my experience.

I paid for iReal Pro only once, but I'm able to install and use it on both my Android phone *and* my Android tablet (both devices are associated with the same email account that Android/Google uses to keep track of who's who).

I suppose my experience is probably more a function of the Google Play Store (the Android equivalent of the Apple App Store, as far as I can tell) rather than a decision made by individual app developers, as all the rest of the Android apps I use are the same way, they allow running on phone and tablet simultaneously.

Hopefully someone familiar with Apple products will be able to answer your question as to whether or not Apple devices have that same multiple-device functionality that Android does.
    My phone is an Android. After I downloaded - and paid for - iReal Pro on my PC, I went to the Play Store on my phone and was only given the opportunity to pay for the app (again). Guess I'll try clicking on it to see if there is a login option.

Gummy Bears and Scotch BrianWilliam's Avatar

Hi Sherry,

From what I understand, you pay once per operating system. If you pay for iOS, it will work on an iPhone and iPad but not a Mac (which runs macOS).

See https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ireal-pro/?p=android&s=purchases&f=using-ireal-pro-on-multiple-devices&l=en

Gummy Bears and Scotch BrianWilliam's Avatar

My phone is an Android. After I downloaded - and paid for - iReal Pro on my PC, I went to the Play Store on my phone and was only given the opportunity to pay for the app (again). Guess I'll try clicking on it to see if there is a login option.
    Android and windows have different operating systems which means you’ll have to pay again if you need iRealPro on your PC.

If you have an android tablet, I bet that download would work.