Thread: Hillman

Default Hillman

This is an excerpt from Chris Hillmans memoirs. It was posted to a Facebook group about being in Boulder in the 70's. It's leading up to Chris getting a Loar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 9.40.38 AM (2).jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	391.9 KB 
ID:	191301  

Default Re: Hillman

It was Chris Hillman's mandolin playing on Last of the Red Hot Burritos- an album that my older brother had bought in 1972 that got me interested in the instrument. Of course Byron Berline was on that record playing fiddle and he has an F5 but I don't suppose he was lucky enough to have had it given to him!

Pretty sure this excerpt was what was posted because it mentioned Tulagi's which was Boulder's premier music club and Gold Hill and the mandolin reference wasn't the focus.

4. The following members say thank you to Jim Hilburn for this post:

I've got a nice signed photo from Chris because I helped his wife Connie tracking down an advertiser that used the song Lazy Days on a TV commercial and they were unaware of this. They also sent me a couple of CDs of his music but I already had those but it was a kind gesture!

Nice mention of Gold Hill Jim! I’ve known the current owners and their parents for years. Not normally mentioned as a hot spot of music, but a trip through the photo gallery proves otherwise. Let’s not forget to mention the Sawtell stage in the courtyard as a tribute to Charles.
    Play em like you know em!