Thread: How long does it take?

Default How long does it take?

How long does it take to build a mandolin?
    I was informed that my mandolin will be in the next batch of mandolins to be made.
    I’m no trying to rush things but I’m very excited about my custom mandolin.😎

Default Re: How long does it take?

Depends on the builder and how they like to work. Do they work in batches, and, if, how many per batch? Do they do everything with hand tools or is there some CNC involved? Full time gig, or spare time production?

Sorry, but you’ll have to ask your luthier If you’ve ordered a build from Wayne Henderson, expect to wait about 10 years, lol. Based on a D-28 style guitar of his I played at Lowe Vintage a number of years ago, the wait is worth it, but you’ll need something else to play while you wait!
    Chuck

In my experience, whatever instrument you're having built, it will take a bit longer than the builder initially tells you. I don't think I've ever been deliberately misled, it's more that a lot of builders are natural optimists (and all the better for it...)

In my experience there can be a huge gap between how long it takes and how long it feels.

5. The following members say thank you to Richard Mott for this post:

The construction time is only one factor. Where you are in line is probably more determining. In your case, time to next batch seems to be a critical factor and only your builder can tell you that.

I’m in a ‘next batch’ scenario as well, hopefully to be started before 3/15. I’m figuring completion by end of year, any earlier would just be a bonus.

Savor the anticipation, it can be delicious.
    Not all the clams are at the beach

Arrow Manouche
    Arrow Jazzbo
    Arrow G
    Clark 2 point
    Gibson F5L
    Gibson A-4
    Ratliff CountryBoy A