Thread: K&K internal twin installation on new Eastman MD505 CC

Default K&K internal twin installation on new Eastman MD505 CC

Hi All-

New player looking to install a k&K internal. The top bracing on this model appears to be (forgive my terminology) an aysymmetrical A, such that installing one of the transducers on the top left has not enough space next to the bridge due to the bracing. Should I place the transducer higher or lower than the bridge? Given the way the bracing is moving, I'm assuming moving the transducer up will provide more space to properly adhere it.

Second question: super glue yeah or nay?

THANK YOU!

Default Re: K&K internal twin installation on new Eastman MD505 CC

If I'm asking this in the wrong place, please let me know.

Thanks!

Default Re: K&K internal twin installation on new Eastman MD505 CC

I would use tape and put it on the top to see where it sounds best first. Gluing it in is more permanent and won't let you down if you gig. I glued tape the the transducer, glued tape to the tape, then glued the second tape to the mandolin. It is a little warmer with plenty of power. The gluing in will give you more power than the tape. Tape can come loose so if you gig I would recommend glue. There is a 3M double stick tape that is thicker that I have used that is warmer and quite permanent so that is another option. If you use the tape on the top I would stick it to your shirt first so it is not so sticky and has less chance to damage your mandolin, a flannel shirt works well for this.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!