Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TablEdit is back!

Blog Entries

Default Re: TablEdit is back!

Glad that the venerable list of tune tabs has found a new home -- thanks to the MC

Question. I have well over 100 tunes in tab I created from various midi and abc files. The problem is that many of these were converted at least a decade ago and they were for produced strictly as learning tools for myself so I made no effort to keep record of where I got those files (before conversion) to TablEdit (i.e., .tef ) format. So I would think it not appropriate to post them in the collection since most of the parent files may actually belong to someone?
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

2. The following members say thank you to Bernie Daniel for this post:

Default Re: TablEdit is back!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Daniel View Post
    Glad that the venerable list of tune tabs has found a new home -- thanks to the MC

Question. I have well over 100 tunes in tab I created from various midi and abc files. The problem is that many of these were converted at least a decade ago and they were for produced strictly as learning tools for myself so I made no effort to keep record of where I got those files (before conversion) to TablEdit (i.e., .tef ) format. So I would think it not appropriate to post them in the collection since most of the parent files may actually belong to someone?
    Bernie,

That's a good question. If it is a commercial tune (something you bought) I wouldn't post it. But if it is public domain or your own transcription, I don't see a problem with posting it. Your description creates more of a gray area. You don't know anymore where it came from, so that's your call.

Larry

4. The following members say thank you to LarryTanner for this post: