Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ads without a price

Default Re: Ads without a price

I rarely read the classifieds. I just don’t need a new instrument. When I do browse through the classifieds, no price is a definite turn off. It was only random luck that took me to the Weber I currently play. Part of the decision to even pursue it was an attractive price.

When I sell, I always put the price. The challenge is coming up with a price that is not too high to deter interest but high enough to allow room for haglers (aren't all the buyers haglers, lol!?).
    Old Hometown, Cabin Fever String Band

3. The following members say thank you to jim simpson for this post:

Bren 

Blog Entries

Looked at the most recent 90 ads placed, found two without a price. One for a Intellitouch Tuner And Gold Tone Banjo Mute (how fitting), and another for a 4 string tenor banjo. The rest are mostly want ads. Hint: sometimes the price is in the title.

5. The following members say thank you to Mandolin Cafe for this post:

I have seen a few without prices But not long after ,all seemed to be corrected. If there was something not right. I was informed. And rightfully so. Theres alot of neat instruments out there. And my pockets have holes already. .

One thing Ive noticed. This is a well looked after site.

Blog Entries

Of course the next three ads posted, no price, so I guess the angst shall continue. It's the ad owner's space to do as they wish, within the posting guidelines. As with the Forum, I always recommend if something bothers someone, then maybe it's best to stop looking.

It would also be nice if those who are buyers rather than sellers would indicate that in the title. I've bought 5 mandolins in 40 years, and still have 3 of them, so I'm not much of a buyer. I love the ads and look at many, though. What I really want from an ad is the endorphin release from seeing a nice photo. (Special thanks to Carter's.)

D.H.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hicks View Post
    It would also be nice if those who are buyers rather than sellers would indicate that in the title. I've bought 5 mandolins in 40 years, and still have 3 of them, so I'm not much of a buyer. I love the ads and look at many, though. What I really want from an ad is the endorphin release from seeing a nice photo. (Special thanks to Carter's.)

D.H.
    I can tell from what you've said that you go to the short listings, go forward, read the ad, back up, go to another, etc. Tedious, time consuming, but nothing wrong with doing it that way. But why not just use the Full View mode that's in the navigation and look at all of them at once the easy way and be done with it? That link is on every single page on the Classifieds There are only 30-50 new ads a day so it's not that taxing.

Example

All instruments Full View
    All Mandolins only Full View

Name:  screen.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  16.0 KB