Thread: Kentucky Nu Hyde gig bag

Default Kentucky Nu Hyde gig bag

Has any one had any experience with these gigbags for carrying a mandolin around town on their back? Is it comfortable? Sufficient? Heavy?Protective?Quality?
    Any thoughts? Comments? Recommended?
    Here is the link
    https://themandolinstore.com/product...dolin-gig-bag/

Default Re: Kentucky Nu Hyde gig bag

I have one and it's very nice for a light weight bag. The zippers feel strong, it is padded nicely and it will protect from scratches and minor bumps, but it is not a replacement for a case. I like mine because when I do leave the house with it, I'm always bring a guitar and usually other stuff. If I had a mandolin that I'd be crushed if it were crushed (sorry for that) I'd keep it in a hard case.

And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.

3. The following members say thank you to Tenzin for this post:

Default Re: Kentucky Nu Hyde gig bag

I had one for a short time that came with a mandolin I ended up returning. The gigbag had a good zipper, cushioned neck support and was well padded. The outside seemed durable and the backpack straps were sturdy. I didn't use the backpack function but think it would probably work well for what it is.

5. The following members say thank you to tooday for this post: