Thread: Upgrade to MuseScore 3.6?

Default Upgrade to MuseScore 3.6?

I've been using MuseScore 3.4 (transcription and tablature writing software) for some time, and considering upgrading to version 3.6, but I remember reading some users here who prefer the earlier version.

If you're familiar with both, what are the pros and cons of upgrading? Thanks.

Default Re: Upgrade to MuseScore 3.6?

Version 3.6 is very similar to previous ones, but it is not always possible to swap files with the older versions = if you are sending files to others who have older versions then this could be a problem.
    Something I like in the new version (not sure how far back this was implemented) is the ability to input chord symbols as previously, but now the chors actually sound as you play through the tune. An annoying thing about this is that the chords are on by default as far as I am aware, and on slower computers (I have quite an old machine) can cause quite serious stuttering during playback. You can fortunately go in to the settings and turn off the chords, but each time you open a new file and insert chords they again play by default. SOmeone will no doubt be working on (or already have) a solution to this.
    I like 3.6.
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores