Thread: Rare And Fine download?

Default Rare And Fine download?

Has anyone out there been able to find a place to download Mike Compton's new Rare and Fine? I have tried his site... nope. I have gone to Amazon... nope. Yeah, I know you can download a couple of singles, but is there a way to download the whole CD?

Default Re: Rare And Fine download?

<Violates Forum posting guidelines. This is a recording for sale, please don't make it harder for artists to survive by giving away the music>
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Mar-07-2022 at 3:37pm. Reason: violates forum posting guidelines

[QUOTE=Southern Man;1858635]<Violates Forum posting guidelines. This a recording for sale, please don't make it harder for artists to survive by giving away the music>

That’s for radio stations to download tracks to play on the air. Best thing to do is order the cd directly from Mike. That’s the way the artist actually makes some money!

Some of Mike’s other albums are on Apple Music but not all of them.
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Mar-07-2022 at 3:32pm.

Thanks to both Shaun and Southern Man.

<Original quote removed: violates Forum posting guidelines. This is a recording for sale, please don't make it harder for artists to survive by giving away the music>

but I want to be able to purchase it from Mike directly and put some money in his pocket. Why Mike went to the trouble of releasing pre-ordered CDs and offered only a couple of singles for downloading is beyond me. Hell, one of my mandolin students bought this recording at last year's Monroe camp!

Maximize the hype and make the music available to purcha$e... just sayin'.
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Mar-07-2022 at 3:40pm.

Blog Entries

The link above that was removed is intended for Radio Stations and Artists only and you're supposed to be one of those before landing there and helping yourself to the music. That link has been removed.

I'm not going to take kindly to links to this being posted or shared further. Do so anywhere else on this Forum and it'll be the last post as soon as I see it, and whoever engages in that will at that point be free to go about their way somewhere else on the internet where taking money out the pockets of working musicians is welcomed.

Just off the phone with Mike and he told me another recording a few years back got onto YouTube without his permission and totally killed all of his sales. Mike asked that I remove the link posted here and I have, and it's why this discussion is being closed.

He has no plans for it to be available as a download any time in the near future, and now someone has given us a proper demonstration of why.

The specific Forum Guideline:

The posting of copyrighted audio files, including offers to sell, purchase, trade or give away copies of copyrighted audio files including bootlegs of live shows is prohibited. This includes links to other sites where these materials can be obtained.

The issue with the link is the final sentence. Even with a beginner's bit of knowledge about how to mine HTML source code the entire audio of the album is technically available for download there by engaging in exactly what everyone knows is not legal.
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Mar-07-2022 at 3:59pm.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post: