Thread: Protocol for a trade.

Default Protocol for a trade.

If you agree on a trade with someone, how does the exchange work? If you sell an instrument, you get the money and then send the instrument. But if you're essentially exchanging one instrument for another, straight up, do you both just pack 'em up and send 'em? And if one of you is adding $$$ to the trade, what's the usual procedure? How have you traders done this?

Thanks.

(Mods, please move this if I've posted in the wrong place.)
    Cornelius Morris

Default Re: Protocol for a trade.

I've only ever done a trade with a cafe member that I knew well, as such we both sent the instruments to each other on the same day (a Monday), via the same method (USPS). Each arrived fine and we were both happy with them. For me personally I would probably be uneasy doing a trade with someone I didn't know, or a someone who wasn't a long standing member here, but that's just me and my comfort level, YMMV.
    2018 Girouard Concert oval A
    2015 JP "Whitechapel" tenor banjo
    2018 Frank Tate tenor guitar
    1969 Martin 00-18

my Youtube channel

Default Re: Protocol for a trade.

I did a trade once, and did it the same way Jill did. I didn't personally know the person, but we communicated enough that I had a pretty good comfort level with the trade. We exchanged shipping #s and were both happy with the trade. Both shipped on the same day (also a Monday, I don't like instruments sitting around too long possibly in a cold truck.)