Thread: Heartfelt Tenderness

Default Heartfelt Tenderness

Telling my wife the other day that at this time in my life Andrew and Emily is one of my most enjoyable listens. I've never been able to convey to others exactly how Andrews poetic words with his and Emily's vocals and playing can touch a persons deepest feelings.

From now on I'll just let George Waffles say it for me. A most excellent article on MO...

Heartfelt Tenderness: Mandolin Orange and their soft and lonesome sound

https://www.georgewaffles.co.uk/arti...lonesome-sound

2. The following members say thank you to CBFrench for this post:

Default Re: Heartfelt Tenderness

well it is a good article ha... Andrew has set such a great feel to his mandolin playing that you don't hear much of these days, I like what he's hearing...I spend alot of time just streaming my MO playlist listening and playing along with the tunes, lots of the right things to be learned for my taste. I'll hear such a cool riff or nice melodic movement by Andrew or Emily, pause the tune and find it...I'm always stealing, steal a little this, steal a little that and as the Meters said, You done put me in a trick bag...throw them in your trick bag, yeah that'll work...

and being such a fine feller here's a 72 tune playlist on the tube, 4hrs and 33 minutes for anyone that would like 72 tunes in one place

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?l...db5yQtVxuKyLdR
    Last edited by CBFrench; Mar-23-2021 at 12:30pm.

4. The following members say thank you to CBFrench for this post:

Default Re: Heartfelt Tenderness

Thanks for sharing CB and I will agree with you, they are one of my favorites. I can put on the MO playlist anytime and enjoy! The songwriting is excellent and the vocals from both are pleasing! He is one of my favorite players, although playing along as you do is beyond me at this point! I can't recall who I am stealing this from but I heard it said that the space he leaves between notes, and when, is great. After hearing that I listened closer and did appreciate the point. Beautiful playing that does not necessitate a lot of extra notes. At the same time, he has no problem letting it rip and doing it cleanly!

6. The following members say thank you to Gene Lewis for this post: