Thread: Bass Line

Default Bass Line

I have some Baritone Ukulele (DGBE) music which I’m using for my tenor guitar. In it, some of the pieces have the melody (TAB) on the first 2 or3 lines which I understand and am able to play, but there’s also a bass line on the bottom lines. I’ve had the book (Gospel Baritone Ukulele Solos, by Ondrej Sarek) for a long time but have never figgered out how to play the bass lines, so I only play the melodies.

Can anyone solve the mystery for me?

Default Re: Bass Line

Quote Originally Posted by Picking Dick View Post
    I have some Baritone Ukulele (DGBE) music which I’m using for my tenor guitar. In it, some of the pieces have the melody (TAB) on the first 2 or3 lines which I understand and am able to play, but there’s also a bass line on the bottom lines. I’ve had the book (Gospel Baritone Ukulele Solos, by Ondrej Sarek) for a long time but have never figgered out how to play the bass lines, so I only play the melodies.

Can anyone solve the mystery for me?
    On the baritone ukulele is played mostly fingerpicking. The thumb of the right hand, plays mostly the bass and the remaining fingers the tune. If you play with a pick, it is not always manageable.
    Here is an older recording from the book.

My books - books
    My videos -YouTube
    Duo UF UF - YouTube

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ondrej For This Useful Post:

foxJess L. 

Yes, Ondrej, I just realized that as I was eating breakfast this morning. I guess I’ll just have to stick to baritone with your book.

I have two or three of your books. They’re pretty good. Thanks for your help. I just wasn’t thinking clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Picking Dick View Post
    Yes, Ondrej, I just realized that as I was eating breakfast this morning. I guess I’ll just have to stick to baritone with your book.

I have two or three of your books. They’re pretty good. Thanks for your help. I just wasn’t thinking clearly.
    I'm glad I could help.
    Thank you for praising the books.
    My books - books
    My videos -YouTube
    Duo UF UF - YouTube