Thread: Need replacement tailpiece for Kentucky KM1500

Default Need replacement tailpiece for Kentucky KM1500

I’m looking for a replacement tailpiece for my Kentucky KM1500, any info would be appreciated.

Default Re: Need replacement tailpiece for Kentucky KM1500

It's a standard stamped tailpiece. You have tons of choices ranging from $15 to $150, from cheap stamped ones all the way up to James machined ones. There's been lot's of threads on this subject if you search.

Try Saga Music in SF Bay Area. they import them. They supplied me with a replacement MOP tuner button last year for my 1500. I think they’re in South San Francisco maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Findley View Post
    Try Saga Music in SF Bay Area. they import them. They supplied me with a replacement MOP tuner button last year for my 1500. I think they’re in South San Francisco maybe.
    I contacted them and was told any purchase would have to be through a dealer. I have contact 5 different SAGA dealers in 4 states and get the same answer. These tailpieces are not available and no one knows where I might get one. I'm hoping to find one from a broken 1500 or from someone who changed one out for whatever reason. Thanks for your input.

I have been unable to locate the one that came on the 1500. it's the one with the Kentucky logo engraved. Saga Music can't get me one, just hoping to find a used one from a broken 1500 or someone's original not being used because of an upgrade or something. I really prefer to get the accurate original one.

I have been unable to locate the one that came on the 1500. it's the one with the Kentucky logo engraved. Saga Music can't get me one, just hoping to find a used one from a broken 1500 or someone's original not being used because of an upgrade or something. I really prefer to get the accurate original one.