Thread: Check out this Martin D28 Adi Top and braces VTS

Default Check out this Martin D28 Adi Top and braces VTS

https://youtu.be/o69nKmqQ6iE

I got this from musician's friend.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...coustic-guitar

It's a very bright, punchy guitar. I'm still in the trial period. What's interesting is that it was strung with medium coated strings. I put on regular medium phosphor bronze. Most guitars I have played kind of choke up with mediums, this handles them no problem. In fact it's a little "plinky" for lack of a better word. They feel like lights. It might need the action raised or a little truss rod adjustment.

It sounds nice by itself but I want to try it in a jam situation, which is hard these days.

I rarely buy guitars mail order. I may take it around to stores and compare it to other guitars.

2. The following members say thank you to phelou for this post:

Default Re: Check out this Martin D28 Adi Top and braces VTS

I think it sounds great. Its a keeper. Congrats!

thanks for the feedback Lucas! the sound of the guitar changes a little in different situations but i will put it through it's paces.

If she's brandy new adi spruce, it will take some time and serious playing to bring it around to her potential. Enjoy the break in period.

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

Sounds great! Get it set up to your preferences and wail on it a bit. I have a 00-17 1931 reissue that I’m falling in love with as well. Took a little time to get used to the 1 7/8 nut width, but now 1 11/16 feels crowded, lol.

Agree that the Adi may take some playing to reach full potential (that was the case with my Adi topped Kelley A5). The fact that it sounds great already bears great witness to what’s to come!

Hi, thanks again for the feedback. Update: I noticed that it was rather too easy to play with mediums on it and the action was low even though the saddle was high. according to a luthier who measured it with a ruler, the neck is overset. so, dang, it's going back. i may exchange it for the same model.

The low action high saddle is a real modern phenomenon. Modern necks are overset compared to those of the '30s. Martin production is very high, so i think you're wise to ask for another example.