Thread: Rubner tuning machines

Default Rubner tuning machines

Well... It took over two years, but the replacement set of F style worm under tuners I have been waiting for from Rubner finally arrived. Every time I was informed they were "on the way", some kind of disaster hit.. Design adjustments, then a factory fire which involved re-tooling, then the pandemic, then problems with customs... Each time I was told "It will be worth the wait".

I must say they are beautiful to look at.. and work stunningly well. In fact, I ordered another set to replace some (other brand) on another mando.. and just ordered a third set for yet another switch out. The price point is just about right in the middle between your "better than average" econo tuners, and the high price spread.

It sure took them a while, but in my opinion, they nailed it. If you have not done so already, check out their website and look at the choices.. Eye candy... and the function lives up to how good they look. Tight tolerances, and very, very smooth. With each set they even include the necessary tooling to make sure you have what you need for a smooth and successful installation. (Spacing was "drop in" perfect with my other tuners)

https://www.rubnertuners.com

I have no connection with them.. just want to support a company that is producing a great product at what I consider to be a very fair price.

2. The following members say thank you to surfnpikr for this post:

Default Re: Rubner tuning machines

I have watched that site for over two years trying to get a set but in the end, I gave up and ordered the best they had. They are for two I am building for myself. They are beautiful and very smooth. I was not sure I did the right thing when I ordered them because they were quite expensive. Once I got them in my hands I had no doubt they were perfect. I can't wait to finish my builds.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3107.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	449.7 KB 
ID:	193590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3106.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	489.6 KB 
ID:	193591
    My avatar is of my OldWave Oval A

Creativity is just doing something wierd and finding out others like it.

I have used them for the past few years. I was able to get the tuners from a small supplier here in the UK at the time though he no longer has them. I put them on four of my own builds and have been delighted with them. Mine were not top-of-the-range either but flet and looked so much better than others I have used.
    Again, NFI in Rubner; just a happy customer.
    I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order. - Eric Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOldBores

Some really sexy options. Got to build something that deserves the Snakewood version!

https://www.rubnertuners.com/f-style-mandolin-new

Steve
    Steve Sorensen
    Sorensen Mandolin & Guitar Co.
    www.sorensenstrings.com

I think the only thing holding them back from being taken as seriously as Waverly was just that they weren't expensive enough (I joke, it was that they didn't have a real f-style offering of course, even though I did install several sets of the original f-style design 3-4 years ago and they are all still going strong).
    I haven't seen the new ones yet, I still have a few sets of the old ones and was never disappointed with them, so I'm sure it's all just icing on the cake.

The ones I just got seemed plenty expensive to me! hahaha Sadly sometimes that is a factor. Availability isn't helping them any as well. I do see some available on their site now.
    My avatar is of my OldWave Oval A

Creativity is just doing something wierd and finding out others like it.