Thread: The Celtic Mandolin - for April 01/05/21

Default The Celtic Mandolin - for April 01/05/21

Hi Folks

Here are the resources I've posted this month. There were four tunes in April but I've added today's - because it's great wee tune (Kiss me Sweetly).

There are two more Aird's tunes yet to come - not sure which yet.

Wk 24 Miss Gunning's Delight
    Ignore the out of tuneness and the attempt to disguise that with a bit of chorus effect and there's a great wee tune here.

Wk 25. Fy let us a' to the Bridal
    An uplifting wedding march.

Wk 26. Lass if I come near you
    The sky opens
    May is here
    Always (longing etc)

Wk 27 The Merry Dancers
    Interesting three part jig here. Although they aren't the most difficult of tunes many of the Aird's tunes have a distinct character and shape. Good fun for the accompanist - plenty to do.

Wk 28 Kiss me Sweetly
    My favourite tune ever! This week anyway.

Remember, notation and audio files are in the Folder (link on site page).

John
    www.thecelticmandolin.co.uk

2. The following members say thank you to clachanmusic for this post:

Default Re: The Celtic Mandolin - for April 01/05/21

Hi John... There's a lot of effort required to produce materials of such complexity and consistently high quality. AIdan

Default Re: The Celtic Mandolin - for April 01/05/21

Thanks Aidan. They do take a bit of work. However, like last year I may have to wind down the Tune of the Week now that the weather has improved (a bit). A couple of other projects are underway including an attempt to get a bunch of 'REAL' people together in Glasgow for a phew of these tunes. I might try to get a 'proper' recording done too as the ones on the site are of mixed quality. This could be made more interesting if people could send me their versions of the tunes (and parts). I'll maybe post more about that soon.
    John

5. The following members say thank you to clachanmusic for this post: