Thread: Saturday night vinyl vault

Default Saturday night vinyl vault

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210501_202240.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	193895
    Well another Saturday night and time to crank up the turntable and find an old chestnut in the vinyl collection. Last time we talked it was the great playing of Jimmy Gaudreau on the Bill Emerson's album Home of the Red Fox.
    Tonight's selection is Jethro Burns and Red Rector "Old Friends" (Rebel 1626 recorded July 18, 1983)
    Interesting that it seems it was all recorded in one day, just two great players having a great time!
    Nice backup by Buck Peacock (guitar) and Bob White (bass).
    Full disclosure here I'm a little partial to this recording because I have a Washburn just like Jethro Burns on the cover without the rope binding. But Red's cool old Gibson Oval hole A style, well .....We could only dream about finding one like that.
    Well if you're lucky enough to have a copy sit back and listen to "Back Home in Indiana" or "Limehouse Blues". Or the opening track " Rainbow ". And an added bonus, " Flop Eared Mule" where they both play guitar.
    Just when you thought you were getting good.........
    Good Night!
    Ratliff R5 2007, Capek A5 2003, Washburn M5S-SB Jethro Burns 1982, Mid-Mo M-2, Epiphone MM 30 Bk mandolins, Harmony Batwing 1970's, George Bauer bowlback early 1900's Philadelphia.

"Don't cloud the issue with facts!" Groucho Marx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Gnann For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Saturday night vinyl vault

Good stuff! I have been listening to Homer and Jethro a lot. And Jethro and Red Rector. Listen to them when I am at work and the gym. Makes the work day much better.

I wonder who has Red's Gibson A-4 mandolin? I know Sam Bush has Jethros Gibson. Sam recently played it on YouTube videos doing Jethro and Homer tunes.

So nobody knows what became of Red's old Gibson? I know I'd to have one just like it!
    Ratliff R5 2007, Capek A5 2003, Washburn M5S-SB Jethro Burns 1982, Mid-Mo M-2, Epiphone MM 30 Bk mandolins, Harmony Batwing 1970's, George Bauer bowlback early 1900's Philadelphia.

Ok after watching the YT videos of Sam Bush playing "How much is that Hound dog in there Window?" Etc I'm beginning to wonder after all these years if Buck Peacock (guitar) and Bob White (bass) weren't Homer's humor throwing us a curve? No disrespect meant here, but I've never heard of either before or since. So who where these two side kicks?
    Sounds kinda BIRDY to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gnann View Post
    Ok after watching the YT videos of Sam Bush playing "How much is that Hound dog in there Window?" Etc I'm beginning to wonder after all these years if Buck Peacock (guitar) and Bob White (bass) weren't Homer's humor throwing us a curve? No disrespect meant here, but I've never heard of either before or since. So who where these two side kicks?
    Sounds kinda BIRDY to me!
    Lol. It is cornfusing!