Thread: Eastwood Mandocaster Bridge Peoples...

Default Eastwood Mandocaster Bridge Peoples...

Hello friends,

Alright people, somebody tell me about this. Tweaking a friend's Mandocaster. Cool little mini-Tele style. Taking the action down for her, losing a little relief, lowering the saddles and getting the intonation closer. The bridge...the crossover strings by the balls ends. This is is how it comes. I see no reason for this. Why? What, more tension across the saddles, or I dunno, the longer I look at it, maybe if you don't do it the inside string will rub against the springs?

Anybody? Tell me please!

TIA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eastwood Mandocaster Bridge.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	351.4 KB 
ID:	193896  

Default Re: Eastwood Mandocaster Bridge Peoples...

Poor design and drilling one hole instead of two. That's all I can think of.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Quote Originally Posted by pops1 View Post
    Poor design and drilling one hole instead of two. That's all I can think of.
    Hahaha...oh yeah that. The phillips head saddle screws also are slanted downwards which is less than optimal I'm thinking. This model used to come with a different bridge with only two saddles, 4 strings per I believe. Anyway, thanks for checking in.

To make it for use on a few different instrument types i.e. 4 string electric mandolins, cigar box guitars, electric ukes, etc. all of which it works perfectly fine. For double course electric mandolins, not so much. They are pretty cheap however, even at retail prices ($11.99). I like the little hex set screws for adjusting string height.

https://www.cbgitty.com/guitar-instr...hoC40IQAvD_BwE

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

My electric mando has only two saddles. Only 4 strings, but two on a saddle. To get them to intonate I set it correct for one string, then filed a round notch to move the next string back until it was correct. A little extra height to make up for moving back and it works quite well.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!