Thread: Buster Mountain Longhorn Mandolin

Default Buster Mountain Longhorn Mandolin

I like the Danelectro story and want a real Dano someday. Buster Mountain sure does a good job too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-22 062605 - Copy.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	194259

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Buster Mountain Longhorn Mandolin

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoe View Post
    I like the Danelectro story and want a real Dano someday. Buster Mountain sure does a good job too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-22 062605 - Copy.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	194259
    Where do I find info on Buster Mountain Mandolins? A quick Google search only resulted in this thread.

I recently purchased an inexpensive used COZART 8 string mandolin from a Cafe member who in his words had, "hot rodded with Strat pick-ups".
    I bought it for silent unplugged play for my wife's benefit. But, after doing considerable set-up work, I am having fun with it and it certainly suits a different use than my beloved acoustics of which I have always preferred to use a mic, even though some of them have K & K twins. The electric is enticing me to play some rock & roll which I typically do not play.
    So, who knows, maybe a better 4, 5, or 8 string may be in my future.
    Big Muddy EM8 solid body (Mike Dulak's final EM8 build)
    Kentucky KM-950
    Weber Gallatin A Mandola "D hole"
    Rogue 100A (current campfire tool & emergency canoe paddle)

3. The following members say thank you to Pittsburgh Bill for this post:

MrMoe 

5. The following members say thank you to MrMoe for this post:

[QUOTEI recently purchased an inexpensive used COZART 8 string mandolin from a Cafe member who in his words had, "hot rodded with Strat pick-ups".
    I bought it for silent unplugged play for my wife's benefit. But, after doing considerable set-up work, I am having fun with it and it certainly suits a different use than my beloved acoustics of which I have always preferred to use a mic, even though some of them have K & K twins. The electric is enticing me to play some rock & roll which I typically do not play.
    So, who knows, maybe a better 4, 5, or 8 string may be in my future.[/QUOTE]

The electric mandolin is its own thing for sure thing. Hot Rod is very apropos. I have not heard a sound clip for the Buster Mountain.

Brian Oberlin sure can lay down some rubber.

7. The following members say thank you to MrMoe for this post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoe View Post
    [QUOTEI recently purchased an inexpensive used COZART 8 string mandolin from a Cafe member who in his words had, "hot rodded with Strat pick-ups".
    So, who knows, maybe a better 4, 5, or 8 string may be in my future.
    The electric mandolin is its own thing for sure thing. Hot Rod is very apropos. I have not heard a sound clip for the Buster Mountain.

Brian Oberlin sure can lay down some rubber.

[/QUOTE]

Envelope filter!
    (second tune)

And I think my Arrow G5 was originally owned by Brian, though I bought t from Mass Street Music.

Daniel

9. The following members say thank you to Daniel Nestlerode for this post:

MrMoe 

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

[/QUOTE]

The electric mandolin is its own thing for sure thing. Hot Rod is very apropos. I have not heard a sound clip for the Buster Mountain.[/QUOTE]

MrMoe

I was looking for something different and experimented with steel guitar a little but soon was discouraged due to perhaps my age and lack of talent. The solid body mandolin was as I previously wrote to give my wife a break when unplugged. The emando is a different thing from an acoustic while being closer to my roots and with a learning curve less steep than steel guitar, yet providing the "something different" I was looking for.
    Big Muddy EM8 solid body (Mike Dulak's final EM8 build)
    Kentucky KM-950
    Weber Gallatin A Mandola "D hole"
    Rogue 100A (current campfire tool & emergency canoe paddle)

11. The following members say thank you to Pittsburgh Bill for this post:

MrMoe