Thread: Has everyone seen the new Bluegrass Unlimited?

Default Has everyone seen the new Bluegrass Unlimited?

If you guys haven’t heard, Bluegrass Unlimited is now being published by the International Bluegrass Museum and Half of Fame in Owensboro, and the new editor is Dan Miller, former editor of Flatpicking Guitar Magazine. What they’ve done to revitalize and reinvent BU is just exceptional. It now has a modern graphic design, the content is better, they have banjo lessons and jam tracks online, and they’re even doing instrument reviews now including Kimble, Smart, Mowry, McClanahan and more. Best of all, Dan and Chris Joslin took a 16-foot panel truck to Virginia after Kitsy sold the BU assets to the museum, and loaded dozens and dozens of file cabinets from Pete’s office filled with hundreds of live audio and video tapes from all the early festivals and tons of bluegrass memorabilia. That’s being digitized and is being made available as subscriber-only content, an amazing trove of bluegrass history. I resubscribed for just $28 and it’s just a remarkable redo. Check it out at bluegrassunlimited.com (and bookmark it, that’s a new URL for BU)

2. The following members say thank you to mcgroup53 for this post:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Has everyone seen the new Bluegrass Unlimited?

Yes, I am a subscriber and agree that it is quite an upgrade in graphics, materials and print quality. The content is as good if not better than ever. Really a nice upgrade, and professional look and feel.
    2014 BRW F5 #114
    2022 Kentucky KM 950 Master Model

YouTube Original Recording of My composition "Closer Walk"

Longtime subscriber here, the old format always arrived with the cover torn from mail handling. The new ones arrive intact, a real plus.
    Old Hometown, Cabin Fever String Band

Gotta say, I dug the previous incarnation. Guess I'm old school.

And I miss the Letters section.

I just started subscribing to it a few months ago after giving up my subscription about 5 years ago and I love it. I thought it seemed a bit different than the prior years I subscribed. I loved the Flatpicking Guitar magazine and I couldn't find another music magazine I liked until I started getting Bluegrass Unlimited.