Thread: Made in Japan Kentucky Mandolin ID Info Needed

Default Made in Japan Kentucky Mandolin ID Info Needed

Did the earliest (1978) Japanese mandolins have a white paper label with black lettering?
    Up to now, I’ve only seen the gold Saga labels.

Default Re: Made in Japan Kentucky Mandolin ID Info Needed

Kentucky km900
    Yamaha piano, clarinet, violin; generic cello;
    a pedal steel (highly recommended); banjo, dobro don't get played much cause i'm considerate ;}

Shopping/monitoring prices: vibraphone/marimbas, rhodes, synths, Yamaha brass and double reeds

Quote Originally Posted by gtani7 View Post
    This one is yet another version but it is an oval label which does at least be the most common shape. The one I’m curious about is a rectangular shape label, white paper script “Kentucky” in black ink and no mention of Saga. It is supposedly from 1978.

Quote Originally Posted by gtani7 View Post
    This one is yet another version but it is an oval label which does at least be the most common shape. The one I’m curious about is a rectangular shape label, white paper script “Kentucky” in black ink and no mention of Saga. It is supposedly from 1978.

ok ok

In the dim recesses of my memory, I remembered that i also have a 78 Gold star banjo, it has the standard oval white paper label that says Saga on it, make of that what you will
    Kentucky km900
    Yamaha piano, clarinet, violin; generic cello;
    a pedal steel (highly recommended); banjo, dobro don't get played much cause i'm considerate ;}

Shopping/monitoring prices: vibraphone/marimbas, rhodes, synths, Yamaha brass and double reeds

Quote Originally Posted by Oldblues View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	194451
    "I play BG so that's what I can talk intelligently about." A line I loved and pirated from Mandoplumb

7. The following members say thank you to FLATROCK HILL for this post:

I’m still having trouble posting photos especially from my phone. I’ll get around to it though.