Thread: Can't Post or Reply to Classifieds

Default Can't Post or Reply to Classifieds

Hi All,

I'm not a mando player myself (despite trying), and joined here mainly to post and peruse the classified section. Lately, I have been unable to post or reply to the classifieds, despite trying it with both Mac and Windows computers, and a variety of web browsers. I mostly use Brave on a Mac and am usually behind a VPN. but I've tried it with and without the VPN, and have tried four different web browsers and both Windows 10 and Mac OS. Every time I try to post or reply to the classifieds, I click either "reply" or "submit", and it just goes to a grey screen and nothing happens. I wanted to inquire about a Martin D28 Clarence White that's in the classified section now, and after numerous attempt, tried to find the seller's phone number. I did, but he thinks I'm a scammer (I'm not), and hung up on me!

I'm not really a poster here, because I'm not a mando player, but am a high poster at Let's Talk Guild, Acoustic Guitar Forum, and Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum under the same user name. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I've neither bought nor sold here yet, but do fined it a good resource.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Can't Post or Reply to Classifieds

There's a two-sided problem here and it won't be going away I'm afraid. Both your email address related to your Forum account and the IP address you just posted from are in a large spam database we run checks against before classified ads or replies are released and allowed to happen. Between Nov. 17, 2020 and Jan. 5, 2021 your email was reported 108 times for spam with IP addresses from U.S. to UK and other parts of Eastern Europe. So someone used your address to send spam, not a particularly unusual event. And it got reported. That blank page you received is the software tapping that database, seeing that address has been reported as problematic and kills the process.

Unfortunately the only solution to using the Classifieds then is another email address and probably access outside of the VPN since its also been reported as problematic.

Oak, so that means that I need to set up a new account, or can I just change the email address associated with the account? I did have a problem with the email that’s associated with the account starting last November, and it has been quite a battle getting control of it again, after getting zero help from the yahoo folks. Please advise, because I’m definitely not any kind of scammer, more of a victim of scammers really.

Blog Entries

If you drop that Yahoo account and get another email account, and that'd be our advice, then you should change the email address for your Forum account in case you need to retrieve the password or receive mail from site (depends upon the options you select in your membership). Send that new address over to this account if you get a new address so you don't get put into an awaiting confirmation status.
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; May-31-2021 at 5:38pm.