Thread: Replacement bridge for Gibson A9

Default Replacement bridge for Gibson A9

I recently acquired a Gibson A9 with a bridge pickup. If I wanted to remove the pickup and replace the bridge, what would be a good choice for a replacement bridge?
    Northfield Artist Series F5 (2 bar, Adirondack)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Replacement bridge for Gibson A9

Check out a Cumberland Acoustic bridge, which worked well for me.

Teacher, repair person

You don't necessarily have to buy the whole bridge. You can get a new Cumberland saddle by itself for $26.50 + shipping from Axiom Inc. www.axinc.net
    Or, if you prefer, they sell the complete bridge for $55, but you would have to have the base fitted to your mandolin. Unless you can do that work yourself, the cost for a competent repairman to fit the new bridge would cost an additional $50 - $100.

I purchased one from https://www.montanalutherie.com/prod...bridge-nickel/. He must have called me three or four times and contacted the original manufacturer about bridge placement. (I wasn't shipping the mandolin and was doing this on my own.). It wasn't 'cheap', but I'm the type that remembers the cost to the penny when I'm unhappy. It's a couple of years and I've made 'normal' weather related adjustments and it works great. 10/10 would use them again. (I have no affiliation btw)

And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.

Golden Gate M201 would be my choice.
    2021 The Loar LM700 VS

Thank you all for the suggestions. Whatever I end up going with, I have a luthier/tech who has done lots of work for me over the years.