A number of people have posted that they, or someone else, lost the tailpiece cover and can't find a replacement anywhere. I know that some say -- "Just play without it" but some folks would rather have one.

I did find a number of them -- probably the same one under different sellers -- that works just fine on a Kentucky KM-150 and likely other Kentucky's and maybe some other similar brands. Whether they will work on other tailpieces -- I don't know. It is two piece. I'm not sure what to do with the remaining tailpiece. I can't judge the quality of the remaining tailpiece. It is very cheap, but with a little pinching of the sides the cover holds nicely tight to the stock Kentucky tailpiece. and it still slides off when necessary -- maybe a little gaudy because it's gold colored but, to me, it blends in with the orange and brown of the wood, so no big deal. It might be available in chrome--again, I don't know. Just posting this because I've read other posts from some who have asked about replacement tailpiece covers.

Here's one place -- there are others a little cheaper on ebay. Remember to get the TWO piece one, unless you want to pull your old tailpiece all the way off-- but I can't vouch for the overall quality of the part that actually holds the strings.

https://www.guitarpartsresource.com/...bluegrass.html

Alan Spector

(too many instruments to list here -- mostly not great, but I do so love the sound of my 100 year old Gibson round hole...Yeah, I know everyone's ears are different and that's important to consider but I think the best mandolin anywhere near its price range for everything except bluegrass (you can fake a chop by vamping the strings and it "sort of" works) but otherwise, sooooo sweet. Absolutely the best bang for the buck, an antique that will never go down in value, but mainly, the sound...........)