Thread: Southern Maine & New Hampshire Sunday Bi-Monthly Acoustic Jam

Default Southern Maine & New Hampshire Sunday Bi-Monthly Acoustic Jam

Friends of mine have started a Sunday afternoon Jam in southern Maine. This is a very friendly atmosphere, and while we enjoy playing whether there's just the four or five folks, we'd like to invite other folks who might be in the area (or are willing to travel a bit) to join us.

Here's the info:

Local Sunday Afternoon Acoustic Music Jam

We play and invite others to play a variety of acoustic-based music, including old time, Irish and Celtic tunes, songs, as well as popular songs, etc. We have bass players, fiddlers, mandolin players, guitar, ukulele, clarinets, and even the occasional harpist. Located in Eliot Maine, right on Route 236, there’s plenty of parking and ample room for everyone (the space has been used for a yoga studio). No steps, no stairs, just some AC and a friendly atmosphere. Bring an instrument, or bring two! (or three). Bring a friend, and join our community of music makers. Play some tunes, learn some new ones, and form that musical bond that we are all missing.

Next Jam date is July 18th, from 3 pm to 5 pm. Beginning in August these sessions will run every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month.

Your hosts are Cindy and Ralph Morrell

Solfege Center for Healing, LLC
    28 Levesque Dr #9
    Eliot, ME 03903

Located 30 minutes from the NH/Mass border, less than an hour south of Portland, Maine, with easy access to I95 (exit 2 or 3 on I95 in Maine).

You can private message me if you would like more info.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

Default Re: Southern Maine & New Hampshire Sunday Bi-Monthly Acoustic Jam

I wish I was just a little bit closer! I'm in Hiram, which makes for about 3 hrs of drive time. Can't find many folks locally to play with either.

That's a long ride. Sorry you aren't closer!

But aren't you near the Ossipee Valley Festival location? There should be a lot of folks around wanting to jam during that!

https://ossipeevalley.com
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

Indeed I am! Right around the corner. I'm looking forward to it after the break. Hard to find Irish players there probably but it should bring my Bluegrass game up a bit!

I think you will find a few. Great teachers at the String School this year!