Thread: Harmony

Default Harmony

I just received an Email from Sweetwater Music announcing the return of Harmony Guitars. I am confused and intrigued. Does anyone know the story?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-14 060357.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	195145

Default Re: Harmony

Here they are . Not much info about the restart or wheather or not these are a re-branding. They use a Fender Blues Jr. which is my favorite amp for Electric Mandolin.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...4yCyGZGtvw_wcB
    Last edited by MrMoe; Jul-14-2021 at 7:03am.

It might be a new line for Sweetwater but these have been around for a few years. It's just a name but at least they have attempted to duplicate some models. Some of us that grew up when this was all there was and all that we could afford there's not much magic in that name

A proud Bandlab brand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmony_Company
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber

4. The following members say thank you to MikeEdgerton for this post:

MrMoe 

Thanks, I should have known to check Wikipeda. They made a lot of instruments. The role of many in the 1960s of was to sit in the corner of teenage girls rooms. I still have several. The Stratotone is a rather fun guitar. I have a 1936 Cremona It is magical but only to me.

I have one of these bad boys.

I use it for gigs and jams where I'm not too concerned about bumps and bruises.

First thing I did was swap out the tuners for Schallers. The factory ones were tight as a duck's ass and wouldn't hold tune.
    "The paths of experimentation twist and turn through mountains of miscalculations, and often lose themselves in error and darkness!"
    --Leslie Daniel, "The Brain That Wouldn't Die."

Some tunes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa1...SV2qtug/videos

7. The following members say thank you to jaycat for this post:

MrMoe 

In the early 60's Harmony instruments were sold new in pawn shops in Portland, Oregon. It was apparently their choice for a dealer network in that town. They were cheap and since we were all coming off the folk music thing of the late 50's there were tenor guitars all over. Most of the flat tops were Harmony branded Stella's. The archtops were all branded Harmony as far as I recall. I converted flat tops and archtop tenors to 8 stringed instruments. It was an easy choice. L.D. Heater sold the mandolin tuners that required drilling 4 new holes in the headstock for a drop in fit and the pre-cut mandolin nuts and bridges. pretty much dropped in. The flat tops required a tailpiece and some other work but the bridges on those were screwed to the top. I managed to destroy most of them, I have no idea where any that survived ended up. I also managed to destroy two Silvertone tube amps that just had to have more speakers. I was a one boy wrecking crew. I guess I should be surprised that any of those instruments survived. I was given a Supro electric back then that's probably worth real money now too. So much for nostalgia. Back to the "new" Harmony. They've been around long enough that Musicians Friend has open box models for sale.
    "It's comparable to playing a cheese slicer."
    --M. Stillion

"Bargain instruments are no bargains if you can't play them"
    --J. Garber