Thread: Fender conversion neck

Default Fender conversion neck

Has anyone ever made a neck for converting normal Fender guitars to a tenor? I've seen a few short scale necks that intonate correctly on a body built for 25.5" (i believe the duosonics built in the 90s had a 22.7" for that reason). It doesn't seem much extra to make a neck that is a normal tenor width and then flares out on the last few frets to match the normal bolt pattern. This would open up a lot of models to tenorizing with a few reversible mods.

Guernsey... small island just off the coast of France

Default Re: Fender conversion neck

Yeah been done hundreds of times by many folk, ranging from a basic hacksaw job to full new neck.
    Quite a few featured on this forum.

Yeah, i've seen plenty of those - i mean does anyone offer one commercially? There are loads of Fender parts makers out there and though it's a bit of a niche I think it would be quite popular.

The Tenor Tele made by Fender has gotten absurd in price ($1500+ ish now) but I’ve owned 2 and they are phenomenal instruments.

I have the Fender Tele tenor neck programmed for my cnc if you would like to discuss please contact me outside of this thread. Don't want to break any of Scott's rules.

6. The following members say thank you to thistle3585 for this post: