Thread: App for Lyrics and Chords?

Default App for Lyrics and Chords?

Looking for some advice on an App for Lyrics and Chords with a Samsung S4 Tablet. I'd like to be able to move from printed paper to the tablet and be able to change the key as well as download more.
    I did a search but there's allot to sift through and experienced advice would help allot.
    Thanks in advance
    Steve

Default Re: App for Lyrics and Chords?

Ultimate Guitar is probably the most widely used for lyrics and chords, and it has the features you mention. The app is not great - lots of pop-ups and ads, but less if you actually create and account and pay them something. UG has arguably the best selection of songs, especially in the pop/rock genre. Chordie is another one, and E-Chords is another. Much depends on the genre of music you're after. Cowboy Lyrics is a good one for country songs
    "Keep your hat on, we may end up miles from here..." - Kurt Vonnegut

3. The following members say thank you to Kevin Winn for this post:

After more searching and asking I found Songbook Pro, the one with the music symbol. Not very expensive at $6.99 per tablet etc. It is fairly easy to navigate after taking the time to learn. With some online searches you can add time signature, BPM and Duration.
    Thinking this will be very helpful when learning new songs or at a Jam.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Winn View Post
    Chordie is another one, and E-Chords is another.
    Just an FYI, I had a problem in the past with malware being attached to Choridie.

6. The following members say thank you to Nevin for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by prairieschooner View Post
    Looking for some advice on an App for Lyrics and Chords with a Samsung S4 Tablet. I'd like to be able to move from printed paper to the tablet and be able to change the key as well as download more.
    I did a search but there's allot to sift through and experienced advice would help allot.
    Thanks in advance
    Steve
    I have been using "Chordify" (chordify.net) a lot lately. It uses some type of algorithm to detect chords in audio files (or youtube videos), and does a pretty accurate job at it. I've been chopping along to all kinds of fun stuff with it recently. There is a feature to download the chord sheets as PDF's too, which can either be printed or opened on a tablet.

It isn't so great for lyrics, but for chords it works nice.

8. The following members say thank you to JerseyPicker for this post:

My entire band uses Songbook on iPads, but there is an Android version available. It is very versatile and comprehensive.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US